Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ImO, were only a couple pieces away from a very good offense

1. -11
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I stopped reading when you said Jennings can't get out of breaks and shown he hasn't produced TDs.

LOL Fail.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I certainly agree with getting Eifert but forget someone else's TE. Eifert gives you instant better blocking and red zone threat. Jump ball all day long. If we do not get BPA at 12, Eifert is plug and play all day.

Im sorry for all you Patterson lovers out there, he is amazing when running end arounds and returns, but when you go to the next level, that crap doesnt work as much. He is still raw and would take a full year of play to get used to the NFL and get his routes down.

Eifert gives you more dynamic presence to the pro game. Its that simple. He may not touch the ball for a half, but he will make the big play when you need it most and for a TD.

Some think he will drop to the second round, I just dont see that because TE is very improtant in the NFl and he is tops. Can split out, stay in, and go down the seam with a big frame.

I sitll have not lost sight on Eifert and if one of those Tackles is not there, I am all for it. WR's are deep in this draft. Dont get lost in the ted ginn disease of big play college ball.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    has the dolphins ever drafted a TE in the first round b4 ?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    No they haven 't bro.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../mia/draft.htm

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should definitely avoid Mike Wallace because of his inability to run block... Just not a mentality I agree with. He brings an elite dynamic to an NFL offense. What's also underrated is that last year he led the league in short pass production so this myth that he just runs go routes all day is untrue and to even mention Clyde Gates as a comparison is absurd. Greg Jennings has also been a leading red zone TD receiver for years. So that idea of his getting "outmuscled" goes out the window. Like many receivers without towering height he finds those tight windows in the red zone. To say flankers barely score TDs in the RZ is silly. I don't agree with your analysis because a lot of it is off.

Personally, I'd like to see a huge influx of talent into our offense. The idea that Cordarelle would make Tannehill's development tougher is incorrect. I think much like Luck in Indy, he could benefit from having young receivers around him to grow with along with a quality vet. I don't think Hartline is a must sign at his price point. I think if we kept Hartline and only signed Bowe we'd still suffer from a considerable lack of speed on our team. I guess you can call Hartline a speedster, and he has a talent for making plays downfield, but he's not a gamebreaker. I would like to seriously address the offense this offseason. I think it does have a ways to go and the way we left Tannehill out to dry with no weapons last year was criminal. We need at least 3 new WRs in. I would go Cordarelle, Stedman, and Marquess. With Hartline's contract demands I would pass on him for Jennings. If Bush goes, then another RB. I do like leaning on Lamar more heavily, but we need a plan B. I would sign Goodson and draft Le'veon while cutting the cord on DT or keeping him for deep depth. TE needs to be addressed. I would resign Fasano while hoping Eifert or Ertz drop to our 2nd pick. If not, draft a project later in the draft while signing Keller or Cook. Of course the line still needs to be addressed. There's a lot of work to do on the offense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    No sadly our organization is allergic to offense, it's the reason why the superbowl drought.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not many WRs are good run blockers, that factor is moot IMO.

PLAYMAKERS, is what we have lacked for many many years, who gives a ---- if they can run block??
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    IMO, if we keep most of what we have on O, excluding Long, and add a difference maker at WR and in the OL, along with Tannehill getting better, we will be a good O. So, I do agree with a couple of pieces IF they are the right one's.

A bit similar on D. Add the VG CB many thought VD would be and we are in VG shape. No one is picking on the front seven or our safeties, it's on the CB's. Another VG pass rusher would be nice but, we could have a lot of success without one.

Depending on Tanny, we are not far away.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Wallace, draft Allen and all of a sudden you have changed this offense drastically.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think we are close to being really competitive. I've said it before, CRUCIAL offseason. Now is the time to go for it. Lots of pieces of there that could really propel us in the right direction.
    Quote Quote