Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Newtown Votes for Armed Guards In Schools

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Newtown Votes for Armed Guards In Schools

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...rds-In-Schools

Newtown Votes for Armed Guards In Schools

When the rubber hits the road, when the stark and very real choice is either empty political posturing with useless gun control laws or doing something practical to protect your children, the only people laughing at the NRA are a media determined to protect anything and everything involving Barack Obama. Today the Newtown Board of Education made the only choice any parent can: It voted to put armed guards in its schools:

The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town's police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan 'would put two eyes and ears -- one armed, one unarmed -- at each Newtown school,' reports Bronxville Patch's Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools, according to NBC Connecticut.

The current push for gun controls by The State and its media is nothing more than another front in the relentless culture wars against Red State Americans and Bitter Clingers. None of the proposed laws would have stopped the Sandy Hook murderer, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Meanwhile, in Democrat-run Chicago, there's a Newtown every month. But the only solution to that problem would be admitting harsh gun control laws and liberalism run amok have failed. So the media would rather Chicago's monthly Sandy Hook goes on than ever admit to such an inconvenient truth.

The NRA proposed putting armed guns in schools, and now the school board closest to this tragedy agrees.

Keep laughing and ignoring Chicago, media. You’re only fooling your corrupt selves.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought liberals were crying that this was implausable and would hurt more kids......where did they go?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't have a problem with armed guards, though I'm not sure how effective it will be. I am, however, curious as to where the money is going to come from. Is it going to cut into the education budget, or will it be separate? Are Americans willing to pay more for this? I'm willing to pay more if it ensures the safety of kids without further damaging an already godawful education system (and I mean 100% safety, meaning there better never be even a single school shooting at a school with armed guards. This standard is based on a similar standard set forth by the gun lobby that we cannot consider any gun control measures unless they ensure 100% that every single criminal in the country will follow them), just curious if all those crying about spending, spending, spending are willing to as well...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't have a problem with armed guards, though I'm not sure how effective it will be. I am, however, curious as to where the money is going to come from. Is it going to cut into the education budget, or will it be separate? Are Americans willing to pay more for this? I'm willing to pay more if it ensures the safety of kids without further damaging an already godawful education system (and I mean 100% safety, meaning there better never be even a single school shooting at a school with armed guards. This standard is based on a similar standard set forth by the gun lobby that we cannot consider any gun control measures unless they ensure 100% that every single criminal in the country will follow them), just curious if all those crying about spending, spending, spending are willing to as well...
    How hard would it be to find that paltry sum in all the pork laden bills congress passes all the time?

Or how hard will it be to convince politicians kids and teacher safety are more important than studying ants anuses in wyoming?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I thought liberals were crying that this was implausable and would hurt more kids......where did they go?
    This is a better idea than arming all teachers IMO

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Awwww ****, this thread is going to be interesting.
    Quote Quote