Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Watch this Space: Victor Cruz

  1. -11
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,032
    vCash:
    1266
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    He'd be a god down here lol.
    He'd be up on a billboard with DWade, and Lebron as Miami's most beloved.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    jamvinny's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    197
    vCash:
    1124
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    He'd be up on a billboard with DWade, and Lebron as Miami's most beloved.
    Exactly. Wouldnt that scenario please Ross and Dee.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,022
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Giants have no cap and going to lose Osi along with a few cuts like S Phillps. The GM has said that they would put the restricted tag on him. 1st round pick would be the cost if Miami offers him a deal the Giants cannot match. I think this is Miami's best option with the #12 pick as it stands. But I would still try to trade down and then offer a great deal to Cruz.

    Giants just do not have the cap to keep the wealth of talent that they have right now. But that does not mean they won't replace those players quickly. They have proven to be great at scouting talent and finding great players from the draft. I think the Giants will have 2 first round picks this year. Someone will offer Cruz a deal they cannot match due to cap and other players.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    54
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cruz is a RFA, and would cost a 1st and a 3rd AND 10+M a year.

    Think I would rather roll with Wallace and those picks personally.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,022
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin-O View Post
    Cruz is a RFA, and would cost a 1st and a 3rd AND 10+M a year.

    Think I would rather roll with Wallace and those picks personally.
    I don't have an issue for a 8-10 Mil contract for Cruz.

    But I thought the tender about was just a 1st round pick.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-mill/page/2/

    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...nts-announced/

    I would prefer to let Hartline walk and use the 4-5 mil for him to go towards securing Bowe and Cruz. We would not have a 1st, but would have two very good WR's and we have the ammo to fill in other holes during the draft.

    Bowe and Cruz would give Tanny some great targets and keep defenses honest.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    54
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINMAN13 View Post
    I don't have an issue for a 8-10 Mil contract for Cruz.

    But I thought the tender about was just a 1st round pick.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-mill/page/2/

    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...nts-announced/

    I would prefer to let Hartline walk and use the 4-5 mil for him to go towards securing Bowe and Cruz. We would not have a 1st, but would have two very good WR's and we have the ammo to fill in other holes during the draft.

    Bowe and Cruz would give Tanny some great targets and keep defenses honest.

    Your not getting Cruz for less than 10M per IMO....

    plus the picks.

    i like Cruz a lot but I'd rather have #12 and Wallace rather than Cruz.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,022
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin-O View Post
    Your not getting Cruz for less than 10M per IMO....

    plus the picks.

    i like Cruz a lot but I'd rather have #12 and Wallace rather than Cruz.
    We all value players differently. I just don't think Wallace is on the same level as Cruz overall. I don't think it would be a 1st and 3rd. I think it is 1st only.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    54
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINMAN13 View Post
    We all value players differently. I just don't think Wallace is on the same level as Cruz overall. I don't think it would be a 1st and 3rd. I think it is 1st only.

    Even so (I agree Cruz is better) you in essence are saying Cruz < Wallace, a 1st rounder, and I just do not agree.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    54
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oops, I did that wrong. <
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    3rdandinches's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,378
    vCash:
    1871
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    You guys are so sure to say Victor Cruz isn't going anywhere, but you all must forget how regularly the Giants switch out receivers each year. Idk but it seems as if each year the Giants draft a receiver in the 3rd or 2nd round, they sometimes even draft 2 and they possibly prepared for the worst with Cruz by drafting Reuben Randle last year. All I'm saying is in the eyes of the Giants, Victor is expendable.
    I have no idea where you think one of the best players on their team is expendable. They hold the cards, all of them. They can workout a deal their comfortable with and if doesn't sign he plays under the restricted number. If some crazy team threw an unreal offer they can simply match, and when is the last time a team did that? The G-men once again hold all the cards!
    Draft:
    1/ R.Shazier OLB
    2/ C.Borland MLB
    3/ G.Jackson OG
    4/ J.Hurst OT
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz?
    By MexDolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
  2. Victor Cruz
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  3. Victor Cruz?
    By Quadfather in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. Would you trade for victor Cruz??
    By dade in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
  5. Victor cruz
    By VAMIADOLFAN90 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •