Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Signing both Mike Wallace & Greg Jennings/The Pat Riley effect

1. -71
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    That was a different poster, not me. And i think everyone can agree that we'd love to keep Fasano as the #2 TE, but that we need to procure a seam threat TE as our #1.

I know your dying to win this argument, but maybe you should just move on.
    You think you speak for the whole board on Fasano? So EVERYONE but me, thinks MIA should put more money into Fasano? Maybe you should move on w/ your Madden 2013 fantasy football scenario?
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Signing both Mike Wallace & Greg Jennings/The Pat Riley effect

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    You think you speak for the whole board on Fasano? So EVERYONE but me, thinks MIA should put more money into Fasano? ?
    Everyone with common sense does
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Everyone with common sense does
    Well I guess common sense in FH is over rated.

Like another poster put it. Fasano is like a fridge running routes. He's neither explosive or a playmaker. He's just a guy who matters 2 or 3 times a year.

Your response as simple minded as it is, is quite common. Its the same BS I heard when I advocated the replacement and upgrade of Channing Chowder. I heard from people like you, how his 100 tackles will be missed. How he got the defense lined up. How much he mattered at the little things. Where is that guy now? Where are his defenders? Well that guy is on radio and his defenders are in the 'common sense' crowd concering Fasano.

The common sense thing to do, and Ireland said as much, you upgrade the TE position.
    Last edited by DolfanDuBbZ~; 02-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Channing Crowder didn't retire because he lacked offers to come back. He was a free agent, took a year off because his first kid was being born, and then during that year off he started doing radio and liked it so much he decided he didn't want to come back to football. He lost his desire to play anymore. It happens.

You can re-sign Anthony Fasano if you like, but the cost is going to stretch right to the edge of his worth if not overstep it completely. I have no issue with letting him depart and then seeing if you can do better with someone else.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Channing Crowder didn't retire because he lacked offers to come back. He was a free agent, took a year off because his first kid was being born, and then during that year off he started doing radio and liked it so much he decided he didn't want to come back to football. He lost his desire to play anymore. It happens.

You can re-sign Anthony Fasano if you like, but the cost is going to stretch right to the edge of his worth if not overstep it completely. I have no issue with letting him depart and then seeing if you can do better with someone else.
    The fact remains Chowder is no longer in the NFL. And the fact he got offers don't mean squat. When you have the CLE's, MIA's and OAK's of the NFL, such absurdity is bound to happen.

In the end, MIA did upgrade. All I'm advocating, is upgrade TE for this young kid. Give him someone dynamic. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact remains Chowder is no longer in the NFL. And the fact he got offers don't mean squat. When you have the CLE's, MIA's and OAK's of the NFL, such absurdity is bound to happen.

In the end, MIA did upgrade. All I'm advocating, is upgrade TE for this young kid. Give him someone dynamic. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If we can find a Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson, then i'm down. But i think you underestimate how valuable Fasano's blocking is, and he holds his own as a receiver. Is he at all dynamic? No. But if he signed on for cheap (which he won't), i'd gladly give him Jeron Mastrud's role.

And Crowder was a good tackler, but not a playmaker. That Tom Brady INT is the only play i remember him making. The problem with Crowder is that he ran his mouth, and for a player as average as he was, that was not a good look. Jeff Ireland certainly didnt appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

You think you speak for the whole board on Fasano? So EVERYONE but me, thinks MIA should put more money into Fasano? Maybe you should move on w/ your Madden 2013 fantasy football scenario?
    Madden 2013 or Fantasy Football? You're confusing me!
    Quote Quote