Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One day DOLFANS..

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I saw two of those days. They were indeed glorious -- smart, relentless, physical football.
    Amen. I don't think that people who didn't actually see it realize how physical the 72/73 Dolphins were. They absolutely dominated their opposition. I remember with great fondness the play on which Csonka was given an unnecessary roughness personal foul penalty because of the violence with which he laid a forearm smash on a defender while being tackled. We haven't seen that level of intense physical dominance around here in thirty-five years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amen....
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ive been a die hard since the 81 dolphin-charger classic playoff game. i used to dream what it would be like and how great it would feel...but ever since id say 2002, i have this dark, gloomy feeling that this team will never even reach the sb in my lifetime, let alone win it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point, I'll take just a playoff win...Baby steps...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Lets see how this offseason goes. I want to believe its coming, but I need to see that the push is coming. Tanny was a start, now its time to keep moving forward.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

One day DOLFANS..

Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Amen. I don't think that people who didn't actually see it realize how physical the 72/73 Dolphins were. They absolutely dominated their opposition. I remember with great fondness the play on which Csonka was given an unnecessary roughness personal foul penalty because of the violence with which he laid a forearm smash on a defender while being tackled. We haven't seen that level of intense physical dominance around here in thirty-five years.
    Lamar Smith against the Colts in the playoffs? Ricky Williams in his prime? Those were pretty physical teams. They just were poorly coached.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I can say to this post is Bill Arnsparger

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I saw two of those days. They were indeed glorious -- smart, relentless, physical football.

It's the reason the Marino years were such a disgusting insult. We abandoned everything that had proven successful in favor of a lazy lollipop finesse approach, and during an era where you could still be physical, in fact it was virtually required, given the monsters of the NFC. Even if Marino had made subsequent Super Bowls we would have been similarly toyed with and abused.

I can't believe Shula is given credit for adapting, instead of ripped for ignorantly sabotaging. Other than opportunity to bet against the Dolphins successfully during those seasons, they held no value.

I don't expect to see another Dolphins Super Bowl win, not with Ross and Dee determined to patch our current dump. You don't get rewarded for a mistake of that magnitude. The Canes and Dolphins will flounder, at least in terms of the ultimate prize, as long as this bland structure in a terrible location is their home. That's been my long held prediction and I see no reason to change.

To make my post clear, all I can say to this post is Bill Arnsparger.
    Looking for a SB.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    See the following link for video of the Csonka hit that was flagged for unnecessary roughness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SF0RaXR4nI
    Quote Quote