Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFP: Smart NFL men believe Fins are 2-3 playmakers from AFC East title contention

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our team has talent, but we also have holes. We can contend with some holes, but I don't see us winning the division unless Brady gets injured or the Patriots have some other huge unforseen problems. At a minimum we need 2 WR's, 1 OL, 1 TE, 1 CB, 1 pass rusher, so 6 total. But we probably need another OL, CB and maybe a RB as well. That's assuming we don't lose any of our FA's, which is unrealistic. So yeah, the roster is going to change big time. Fortunately, we have 5 picks in the top 82 (or thereabouts) and 3rd highest salary cap number to bring in FA's. That's a good number of holes we could potentially fill ... but potential doesn't fill holes immediately even if it pans out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Well, people said he'd never pick up a first round QB that we can build around...and he did that last year. Now he has no reason not to build around Tannehill and add some playmakers with all the money & picks available to him. That being said, I like our chances of him improving the talent on this team regardless of his past history.
    True, but one move to the contrary doesn't prove that a pattern has ended. The fact that the very next pick was an OL, once again a very safe pick, proves otherwise. And to cover my bases, yes, I am aware that RT was (and most likely still is) a huge need. One which would not have been there had he not signed Marc Colombo in the first place.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Need more than that. I'm not saying a superstar in every position, but they also need to upgrade in several positions. Right now, we don;t even have a starter at CB, there is a potential void at LT. There are numerous other issues, however, realistically the only thing that will help mask some of the glaring weaknesses is going to be super play from the qb position. look at the super bowl and the play of both qbs. Miami needs to not only focus on adding pieces, but also accelerate the development of Tannehill. Flacco took 5 years. Frankly, I don't think Miami has that kind of time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    True, but one move to the contrary doesn't prove that a pattern has ended. The fact that the very next pick was an OL, once again a very safe pick, proves otherwise. And to cover my bases, yes, I am aware that RT was (and most likely still is) a huge need. One which would not have been there had he not signed Marc Colombo in the first place.
    Sure it doesn't prove anything either way...but Ireland has no choice to succeed now...he's on his last ride here. I'm aware he should've have done more in his time here, but what's done is done. If 40-50 million in cap space, tons of picks, and a very impatient owner/fanbase don't wake him up, nothing will. As far as Marc Colombo should've never been on this team...that was more of a love affair from Sparano.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They need a good draft this year. I say improving the offensive side of the ball will will help the D as well
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say NE would really have to come back OR Brady would have to get hurt but w/ a good offseason there's no reason you guys shouldn't make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    notice how those smart guys didn't mention the need for a qb...it's in house already...and nothing flips a teams fortunes like a high end qb...surround tanny with weapons and let the good times roll
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I would say NE would really have to come back OR Brady would have to get hurt but w/ a good offseason there's no reason you guys shouldn't make the playoffs.
    Agreed, if there is one team in the AFC East that can make a big jump and possibly challenge the Patriots for the East title it is Miami.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Agreed, if there is one team in the AFC East that can make a big jump and possibly challenge the Patriots for the East title it is Miami.
    I don't think Buffalo is in bad shape either but obviously they need a QB. I want to see what happens as far as cleaning up the cap before I start to begin discussing what I expect from my team.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd say 4-6. A pulling OG to challenge/replace Jerry if he moves to RT, play making CB, WR who scores TDs, effective seam TE, and a DE opposite of Wake. Don't know how much $ any of this is but I'd take this route:

1. Resign major players- Hartline, Clemons, Fasano and Smith.
    and
    2. Sign Greg Jennings, Jared Cook, Cary Williams, and Louis Vasquez.

WRs are: Jennings, Hartline, Bess, rookie, Matthews*, and Binns/rookie.
    TEs are: Cook, Fasano, Clay, and Egnew
    CBs are: Willams, Smith, Marshall, and McCann/Carroll
    OL is Martin at LT*, Incognito at LG, Pouncey at C, Vasquez at RG, Jerry at RT
    S are Jones, Clemons, Wilson, and rookie
    DE is Tank Carradine in the draft; so Carradine, Odrick*, Soliai, and Wake
    Quote Quote