Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFP: Smart NFL men believe Fins are 2-3 playmakers from AFC East title contention

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be competitive, we need a true #1 reciever(keep Hartline#2), a#1 corner(keep Sean #2), a#1 tight end(keep Fasano#2), a#1 gaurd(keep Jerry#2) and a #1 right tackle. That is five starters that upgrade what we have now. Pass rushing DE is a luxury this year. Between draft and Free Agency, we should get these five.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Sure it doesn't prove anything either way...but Ireland has no choice to succeed now...he's on his last ride here. I'm aware he should've have done more in his time here, but what's done is done. If 40-50 million in cap space, tons of picks, and a very impatient owner/fanbase don't wake him up, nothing will. As far as Marc Colombo should've never been on this team...that was more of a love affair from Sparano.
    If I remember correctly, this season was a playoffs or get fired season as well and we see how that turned out.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, our season win over/under right now would be 8. That's what it figures to be. New England would be 11, perhaps 11.5.

So we have to make up 3 or 3.5 games. Sorry, but those NFL guys aren't too sharp if they think 2-3 playmakers equates to 3 or 3.5 games.

Granted, contention doesn't mean actually getting over the top. They have some wiggle room there.

I can't imagine our over/under being above 9, no matter who we sign.

Notice that a bump from 8 to 9 fits with the cautions I've made in recent months, that adjustments are okay if you stay within the 10% range, or thereabouts. Once you happily detour to 40% adjustments, all credibility is lost. Even if you have a massive jump in one season it's probably not foundational, merely a season in which everything broke perfectly. The Patriots have been a foundational 11-13 win team for nearly a decade.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say we overkill wr and draft Patterson And Hunter. Those are the 2 guys I feel will be the stars.
    I don't want to overpay for Jennings/Wallace. I don't want to pay Hartline either.

I know we would have to trade up one of our 2nd's, costing us a pass rusher/db, etc.
    But at this point I've been fed up with the offense for a while now. Even one #1 wr I don't want to depend on, I want us to have two.
    Patterson/Hunter are the 2 I feel we need.

Imo re-sign Clemons, Starks, Garner and Matt Moore if you can. Let everybody else go.
    Do what we have to picks-wise to draft Patterson and Hunter. And then proceed with the draft from there.
    I would have to look at the free agency guys too because I this plan would leave us ''sort of screwed'' at pass rusher and cb lol.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    If I remember correctly, this season was a playoffs or get fired season as well and we see how that turned out.
    And don't forget how the Dolphins' last "playoffs or bust" season turned out-- Sparano was coaching for his job in 2011, and promptly lost 7 in a row to start the season.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR,TE,WR,OT first 4 Picks. Add mike wallace, were much better.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kitt23 View Post
    I think were more about 5 players away from being legitimate
    depends on who the five are.3 legit playmakers, an ot and a corner and i can see us being a playoff team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    I say we overkill wr and draft Patterson And Hunter. Those are the 2 guys I feel will be the stars.
    I don't want to overpay for Jennings/Wallace. I don't want to pay Hartline either.

I know we would have to trade up one of our 2nd's, costing us a pass rusher/db, etc.
    But at this point I've been fed up with the offense for a while now. Even one #1 wr I don't want to depend on, I want us to have two.
    Patterson/Hunter are the 2 I feel we need.

Imo re-sign Clemons, Starks, Garner and Matt Moore if you can. Let everybody else go.
    Do what we have to picks-wise to draft Patterson and Hunter. And then proceed with the draft from there.
    I would have to look at the free agency guys too because I this plan would leave us ''sort of screwed'' at pass rusher and cb lol.
    To me we will do "both" draft Patterson at 12, as well as draft Hunter later on in the draft "and" sign Jennings in FA.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    To me we will do "both" draft Patterson at 12, as well as draft Hunter later on in the draft "and" sign Jennings in FA.
    So Jennings, Bess, and two raw rookies with potential. Not an ideal starting four receivers unless you have Hartline staying.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jennings wallace ed reed afc east champions!
    Quote Quote