Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NFP: Smart NFL men believe Fins are 2-3 playmakers from AFC East title contention

1. -51
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    I say we overkill wr and draft Patterson And Hunter. Those are the 2 guys I feel will be the stars.
    I don't want to overpay for Jennings/Wallace. I don't want to pay Hartline either.

I know we would have to trade up one of our 2nd's, costing us a pass rusher/db, etc.
    But at this point I've been fed up with the offense for a while now. Even one #1 wr I don't want to depend on, I want us to have two.
    Patterson/Hunter are the 2 I feel we need.

Imo re-sign Clemons, Starks, Garner and Matt Moore if you can. Let everybody else go.
    Do what we have to picks-wise to draft Patterson and Hunter. And then proceed with the draft from there.
    I would have to look at the free agency guys too because I this plan would leave us ''sort of screwed'' at pass rusher and cb lol.
    This is my thinking after this season I DONT EVER FREAKING wanna hear about lack of receivers on this team.Between FA and the Draft I would be brining it "3" new receivers to this team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Going overkill with receivers isn't going to work. We saw what happened with Brandon Marshall - a great player by all means, but not a guy who really lifted the offense to a new level. If we're planning to get reamed every where else in free agency by letting guys like Long and Smith go, signing a star receiver or even two isn't going to put us anywhere near New England range.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    This is my thinking after this season I DONT EVER FREAKING wanna hear about lack of receivers on this team.Between FA and the Draft I would be brining it "3" new receivers to this team.
    Amen brother.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronde View Post
    Going overkill with receivers isn't going to work. We saw what happened with Brandon Marshall - a great player by all means, but not a guy who really lifted the offense to a new level. If we're planning to get reamed every where else in free agency by letting guys like Long and Smith go, signing a star receiver or even two isn't going to put us anywhere near New England range.
    Yeah that would be the drawback. I'm just really fed up though so this is just my humble opinion.
    Tannehill too, I feel the guy needs some serious help already.
    I guess my main point is I don't want to depend on 1 wr anymore, like we did with Marshall.
    I would rather us get two of them, and imo Wallace/Jennings don't fit the bill, compounded with their price tag.

If we trade a 2nd/3rd to move up into the first, that leaves us with 2 first's/1 second/1 third?
    We draft Hunter and Patterson in the first.
    Hopefully get Trufant in the second and maybe Rambo in the third?

Imho we should only re-sign Clemons, Starks, Garner, and Matt Moore.
    So we have a boatload of money to spend.
    I don't see any elite te's in this draft (could be wrong) so I rather not us force a high draft pick on a te this year.

We can slide Martin to lt, Jerry to rt, Samuda should be ready to start at guard, and we can sign a good FA Oguard to replace Incognito?
    Use the rest of the draft to find pass rushers/lb's/cb's?
    And then obviously these 3 positions would have to be worked on next year, along with te if we don't sign a Finley/Keller,etc.

What do you think, could this work?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    We won the AFC East with Pennington, Ginn and Cammarillo . . . I think the better question is, when can we expect to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl, and I'd venture to say it is gonna take more than 2 or 3 players. I do think it starts with having a very good draft and then relies on Tannehill taking the next step, so in a sense it could happen sooner than later . . . . but as we have seen over the years, these plans never seem to unfold the way we think they will.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol same thing i've been reading on this site since 2001
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins would be wise to sign Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace. Doesn't seem feasible but let's not forget that the Dolphins are $46 million under the cap and could easily free up another $5 million by releasing Richard Marshall and Dan Carpenter. The cost of signing Greg Jennings has been stated to be lower than what Vincent Jackson signed for in Tampa Bay and given that it would only cost roughly $2 million to sign Jennings instead of extending Brian Hartline. The cost of signing Wallace and Jennings would eat roughly $20 million in cap space leaving us $30 million to play with ($25 if you count signing draft picks). I'd spend $7 million extending Sean Smith or Randy Starks...Due to a need at corner I say go with Smith.

This would obviously spell the end of Jake Long, Brian Hartline, and Reggie Bush in Miami but giving Tannehill two top 15 receivers will be seriously beneficial. Sign these two guys and follow my mock......

1-Dee Milliner-Cornerback-Alabama
    2A-Zach Ertz-TE-Stanford
    2B-Tank Carradine-Defensive End-Florida State
    3A-Jonathan Cyprien-Safety-Florida International
    3B-Jordan Mills-Tight Tackle-Louisiana Tech
    4-BW Webb-Cornerback-William & Mary
    5-Kirko Alonso-Linebacker-Oregon
    7A-Spencer Ware-Running Back-LSU
    7B-Damian Square-DT-Alabama

You do this and your starting 22 heading into the season is...

QB-Ryan Tannehill
    RB-Lamar Miller
    FB-Javorskie Lane
    TE-Zach Ertz
    OT-Jonathan Martin
    G-Richie Incognito
    C-Mike Pouncey
    G-John Jerry
    RT-Jordan Mills
    WR-Greg Jennings
    WR-Mike Wallace

DE-Cam Wake
    DT-Paul Soliai
    DT-Jared Odrick
    DE-Tank Carradine
    LB-Koa Misi
    LB-Karlos Dansby
    LB-Kevin Burnett
    CB-Dee Milliner
    CB-Sean Smith
    S-Reshad Jones
    S-Jonathan Cyprien
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote