Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rain in Miami, no more superbowl. Power out in New Orleans, more superbowls! -Goodell

1. -21
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I hope it is an absolute blizzard Super Bowl week to show the NFL how ridiculous it is to have the game there. Then again, we haven't seen how well Philbin's Dolphins play in snow yet so perhaps we won't want it to snow that week.
    Maybe we can get someone from the Pats facilities crew there....... just in case.

Seriously (?), Why not give Charlotte, KC, & Seattle a chance to host. I'd love to see the SB being played in Ann Arbor or Knoxville.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish the NFL would give every city a fair shot at hosting the Super Bowl. I would love to see a snow game, give a Super Bowl to Green Bay, their stadium has more history than all of the rest.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Next year will be interesting. They shouldn't hold it against us because ther are afraid "it might rain".
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goodell made it easy for the Miami Super Bowl Committee say, "Why not Miami? Didn't you just say the game was made to be played in the elements?" Oh that's just a convenience statement to defend f____n New York and the decision to play there. Plus the NFL has to look at the week's weather for the sake of their NFL Experience event. The rain in Miami is fleeting if at all, the cold is freakin cold all week in the north or Dallas. See Dallas Super Bowl - even they got hit by severe cold and ruined the week. Thats not happening in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This whole issue is just a power play by the league. It is extortion in a sense. There is no valid reason that Miami should not have the super bowl every 4-5 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The government does have a weather machine. That's why there is such secrecy surrounding the Denver Airport. That's where the weather machine is housed and operated. They've had it for quite some time. This is why the goverment stripped the gold standard from its citizens and went to a worthless paper currency. Gold ingots are melted down and basically used as fuel to operate the weather machine.

The Illuminati are at the controls. The gold standard was eliminated because we needed to give the greys our gold to prevent annihilation. The weather machine was installed specifically to annoy Roger Goddell..the "golden boy" because the aliens needed a lock of his hair for a roach clip. He aint budging..

(sarc)
    So Dubyah could and prolly did make hurricane Katrina to destroy Nawlens.

Seriously tho, I like the idea of every NFL stadium getting a Super Bowl. I have always thought weather is a part of the game. Heck, I love watching games in the snow and rain (and always thankful I'm not there!!!).
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    I hope five feet of snow falls on the NYC Metro next year. Karma!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Superbowl is in early February . . . if it rains, it certainly won't last long. It just doesn't really rain this time of year in South Florida. This isn't July/August we are talking.

And big deal if it does rain, Goodell certainly is turning this sport into some powder puff stuff all around. It has been proven time and time again that nobody puts on a pre Super Bowl week like Miami and a big part of that is because the weather is so good. The stadium is great when it is full . . . we saw that at the BCS title game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't get what's the big deal about some snow or rain in the Super Bowl, this is football not baseball. It's suppose to be that way.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    I don't get what's the big deal about some snow or rain in the Super Bowl, this is football not baseball. It's suppose to be that way.
    These days the Super Bowl is not just about the game itself. It's also about the fan experience leading up to and during the game.
    Quote Quote