Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hyde5: Five Dolphins thoughts from the Super Bowl

1. -11
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad he posted it - saved me a thread.

CB's and DE's don't matter anymore, period. Aldon got handled and the great 49ers secondary got schooled....and yes I think their secondary is top 3 in the league, maybe the best.

For the 4000th time we need playmaking WR's and TE's. Gore is a stud - Rice is a stud...they were after thoughts in this game.

Another 30+ point game...something the Dolphins rarely do....

Hartline and Bess wouldn't have even sniffed the field in that game. Those WR's are fast, athletic, aggressive, get YAC, and kill to get in the endzone. Crabtree looks like a ******* stud now, love the way that kid plays and did someone give Boldin a time machine pill?? He looks better than ever. His hops, strength, stiff-arm, route running, etc... is amazing...wish we would have brought him in.

Draft OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm sure glad we don't have to beat the 9ers every year to get to the super bowl...here comes a long run for that squad of super bowl invites...even if kaep can't read a defense or throw with anticipation...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    That doesnt tell me that Miami sucks, it tells me that the oddsmakers havent figured it out yet
    Because the oddsmakers have been so wrong to dismiss the Dolphins regularly over the last 5 or 6 years?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ck, the only thing those odds can tell you are where teams project as of today without any changes to the rosters. It'd be more concerning if these odds were released near the end of pre-season. A lot will change between the day after the super bowl and the day before the season opener. Furthermore, how ridiculous does that look to have the Jets at better odds than the Dolphins? Kind of hard to take those odds seriously when there should be a lot of turnover in New York...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the one thing the 9ers need to do this offseason is find just one more defender they can bring in in the nickle and certain packages at safety who can play coverage better than donte whitner...the ravens pass pro held up long enough yesterday for the te's to be able to expose whitner in coverage down the field...he's a liability in man coverage player and coverage period and it was exposed yesterday...

if i'm the 9ers i would look into trading up for a kenny vaccaro or finding a better option in that rotation...running with the same 11 on the field pretty much in all scenarios is bad when you have a liability in the group...and whitners just that in coverage
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Because the oddsmakers have been so wrong to dismiss the Dolphins regularly over the last 5 or 6 years?
    Why even pay attention to NFL odds for the 2013 season at this point? They don't know which free agents will be re-signed, which new ones will come in and what the draft will look like. Waste of time to even glance at Vegas odds at this point. Just like Power Rankings for next year is a waste of time.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I took away 4 things from the playoffs...

1) teams elevated their game to a level that Miami is still no where near. We are trying to reach the level these playoffs teams were at during the season so to hope they do that AND raise their game to another level for the playoffs is asking to much from thsi roster and team, especially from this GM.

2) Miami lacks DB Playmakers, DL playmakers, WRs, TE, O line and one of the most important ones, playing lights out defense with 8 minutes or less left in teh game and making sure you pull this victory out. Miami cracks on the last 8 minutes on defense dating back to the 2001 season.

3) These teams showed that 1) they have a good defense and 2) they can score at WILl and make plays when there is nothing there for them.

4) you need a team where the defense is good enough to keep the game in check and the offense is good enough to drop 35 pts a game if need be. The days of scoring 13 points and giving up 16 to win are long gone. All these games were explosive games. Knowing Ireland and how he "addressed speed" last time around when we were desperate via drafting Gates and calling it a day, I can see Miami signing 1 WR with speed and assuming the rest is history we are SB bound. We need a #1, a #2, and a TE that is very good. He wont get all 3 you can count on that.

When the 9ers were at the 5 yard line in the final 2, I thought to myself if this was the Miami defense that the 9ers were up against, all they would do is a QB Draw and the QB would walk in for the TD because Miami has given that easy play up for a loss maybe 6 times in the last 5 years. Ravens CRUSHHHHHED the 9ers on the run and plays sound defense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as for the miami odds at this point hell i don't have a problem with it nor do i really care...heck the nfl just voted fools gold as it's nfl offensive rookie of the year...and thinks kaeps a franchise qb...

ha ha...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Why even pay attention to NFL odds for the 2013 season at this point? They don't know which free agents will be re-signed, which new ones will come in and what the draft will look like. Waste of time to even glance at Vegas odds at this point. Just like Power Rankings for next year is a waste of time.
    You know why its worth a look? Because they know Miami wont do anythign that will make them a top 6 team in the NFL. Thats all that matters at the end of the day, being in the top 6, not the 7-9 we are showing progress in the NFL crap we hear all the time since 2001.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    You know why its worth a look? Because they know Miami wont do anythign that will make them a top 6 team in the NFL. Thats all that matters at the end of the day, being in the top 6, not the 7-9 we are showing progress in the NFL crap we hear all the time since 2001.
    They have NO IDEA what the team will do this offseason, neither do YOU. It is pointless to waste your time with vegas odds for the next season in early February.
    Quote Quote