Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hyde5: Five Dolphins thoughts from the Super Bowl

1. -31
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I do not think the Fins are that far from the playoffs. Big offseason. You gives a **** where they are NOW. Lets see what they look like by mid-May.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this year is different for us cause miami finally has a qb it can believe in...one the fans should believe in...totally different feel than years past for me...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    this year is different for us cause miami finally has a qb it can believe in...one the fans should believe in...totally different feel than years past for me...
    One of the most exciting offseasons in Dolphins history is on the horizon imo. Like you said the team already has the QB in place, now they enter the offseason with $45+ million in cap space, 5 draft picks in the top 82, a new logo/uniforms and a stadium renovation on the table. Fans should be excited.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i just hope that new logo and uni doesn't look like something out of the xfl...
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Its common sense actually, this team lacks so much talent taht it doesn't matter what they do this OFFSEASOn, they need more than 1 offseason to accomplish that.

Have you taken an outside look at this roster rather tahn that of a fan?

Burnett and Dansby are old, they are getting slower, they are not playmakers, they don't create they dont make game changing plays or impact plays so that right there hurts us, our DB are atrocious and that means all 4, you think MIami will replace 3 new CB? No. Clemons is as useless as they come. thats 5 DBs.

Misi is good vs the run and useless in every other phase of the game. How many times did you hear Bowmans name yesterday ? More in 1 game than I have in Misi or Burnetts tenure in Miami combined.

Our pass rusher is Odrick and Wake is getting old.

We need 2 GOOD GOOD WRs and 1 decent one because to me, bess is a #4 trying to be a slot WR which he can't do because of his lack fo speed, playmaking, and everything else required to get something more than a 1 yard RAC.

Our RB situatoin is a disaster outside of Mller. Thomas is a barbie playing football and Bush is likely gone.

Our TEs, 1 has an egg as a brain the other hasn't had 1 catch over 10 yards all year and hopefully is gone.

Our O line needs a VERY GOOD T, a LG, and a RG.

Now you think you can fix all that this year? Good luck this **** ain't Madden, its reality. People think its so easy to become good and a powerhouse. It is probably the hardest thing to do and Miami fans take it like we are 1 WR away from being very good.
    I love your analysis -- it is almost exactly the same as my own. We're short 20 points a game in being competitive at this level. I see us needing to upgrade at least ten players to have a shot at winning a Super Bowl. You are 100% correct when you say this can't be fixed in one year. Even if our GM hits on every draft pick and Free Agent signing we'll still be 4-5 player upgrades short of being competitive at the Super Bowl level.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    You don't know that yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing I do take away from that Super Bowl is how raw the quarterback prospects were when they first started. I don't think Flacco would be the quarterback he is if he were the quarterback of New England, those receivers he has make him look that good.

We need to do the same to Tannehill because he too is a raw prospect with all the talent you need at quarterback. Give him real playmakers. Bess and Hartline wouldn't even play a down for either team yesterday.

We don't have a single playmaker on offense with Bush likely leaving to another team. Not a single one.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    One of the most exciting offseasons in Dolphins history is on the horizon imo. Like you said the team already has the QB in place, now they enter the offseason with $45+ million in cap space, 5 draft picks in the top 82, a new logo/uniforms and a stadium renovation on the table. Fans should be excited.
    There's nothing exciting about the Dolphins. 4 straight losing seasons and the same GM that doesn't have a clue what a skill player looks like is still in charge.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what a new logo, updated uniforms and a stadium renovation have to do with winning football games? After all, winning football games is what this is supposed to be all about.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    One thing I do take away from that Super Bowl is how raw the quarterback prospects were when they first started. I don't think Flacco would be the quarterback he is if he were the quarterback of New England, those receivers he has make him look that good.

We need to do the same to Tannehill because he too is a raw prospect with all the talent you need at quarterback. Give him real playmakers. Bess and Hartline wouldn't even play a down for either team yesterday.

We don't have a single playmaker on offense with Bush likely leaving to another team. Not a single one.
    Miller is replacing Bush(if he leaves) and he has the POTENTIAL to be a playmaker. Ireland is likely going to add a front line WR in free agency(probably either Jennings or Wallace) so things can certainly improve fast in the playmaker department. The Dolphins have a lot of resources this offseason to surround Tannehill with playmakers this offseason. Can't wait, exciting time to be a Dolphins fan.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what a new logo, updated uniforms and a stadium renovation have to do with winning football games? After all, winning football games is what this is supposed to be all about.
    It is part of the offseason, which is what I said. Didn't say those things would win football games. The parts where I said the QB is already in place, $45+ million in cap space and 5 draft picks in the top 82 will help in winning football games.
    Quote Quote