Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logical WR moves: Re-sign Hartline! Sign Wallace, and draft big WR DONE

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Detroit released Titus Young, should we sign him?" thread.
    I thought the same thing. I like Hartline but not enough to pay him what he views as a "discount". The money could be better invested elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pillBOXhat View Post
    I bet there were many posts like this about Wes Welker when we traded him to NE. He had 1 TD in 32 gms with the phins. What happened in that situation? I think the Dolphins havent re-signed Hartline only because they want to show him no one will pay what he's asking. Once his price drops , he will be a dolphin again. Hartline can be a playmaker. Why take a chance in the draft when there's no clear big time WR. Save the high draft pick for other issues like a pass rusher or even CB and look for a WR with later picks.

And why sign multiple WRs besides Wallace? Are the phins that close to a Super Bowl? No. Got to spend money as wisely as possible and pay for youth and progress.
    Well said. Hartline good to NE, Denver, GB, etc... he'll score a lot more.

Sign Ramses Barton. 6'6" NYC back up. Played great when Nicks was out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline, Wallace, Bess, Matthews, Draft Pick
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My thoughts on Hartline are simple: Yes, he was our best receiver this past season. He got into the endzone once. ONCE! I respect his work ethic. No question. And I do believe he'd be slightly more productive if he had better players to take the focus off of him. Problem is, I don't feel like his production would go up enough to warrant paying him $5-$6 million per season. Hartline has never been able to find the endzone in his four seasons with Miami. That is troubling. And I can't see throwing that kind of money at him. We could use that $5-$6 million on more productive players. He has decent speed, but not enough to be a great YAC guy. And he lacks the height to make a difference in the red zone. There are way too many questions about Hartline to invest a big chunk of our cap on him. I hope we do allow him to test the market and we can re-sign him for $3 - $4 million. He's not even that great of a number 2 to be honest. If we could sign Wallace or Jennings (or both), draft a solid receiver or two, I can realistically see us let Hartline walk. No disrespect for how hard he works. He's just NOT a game changer. And that is what this team needs.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins89 View Post
    We don't get Hartline, Wallace, and a 1st round WR.

Hartline is Wallace but with a little less speed. I say we're gonna get Jennings (or Wallace), draft a WR in the 2nd (to compliment our star WR whether being Route running or speed), and grab Ryan Swope to make up for the connection lost with Hartline.
    Like this a lot !
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsfan93 View Post
    Your plan then? Though Hartline isn't a play maker he has been one of the more consistent players at his position. What would happen if you surround him with talent? Jordy Nelson had 6 TDs in his first 3 years like Hartline before scoring 15 in 2011 and 7 the year after. Not saying Hartline will do that though. If Tannehill improves then I think we'll see more TDs from Hartline because let's face it, Hartline hasn't had the best of quarterbacks.
    Sign Jennings. Draft two WR's.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say resign him. If we don't the Patriots will. He would be Wes Welker's replacement. I think that Tannehill needs Hartline back because he developed a trust with him. Hartline was open with no help on the other side. Put him in an O with weapons and he have much better numbers
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Logical WR moves: Re-sign Hartline! Sign Wallace, and draft big WR DONE

I have seen reports about Baltimore possibly releasing Boldin. Any idea what he would want from a 2-3 year contract? I would love to see him across from Jennings or Wallace with a couple of young draftees waiting in the wings. Maybe Bailey and Wheaton? Is this realistic?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins89 View Post
    We don't get Hartline, Wallace, and a 1st round WR.

Hartline is Wallace but with a little less speed. I say we're gonna get Jennings (or Wallace), draft a WR in the 2nd (to compliment our star WR whether being Route running or speed), and grab Ryan Swope to make up for the connection lost with Hartline.
    Rather then pay Wallace his sick amount of money he is asking for being more or less a one trick pony, wouldn't it be smarter to keep the less speedy version of Wallace (for the right price) in Hartline, then getting Jennings, and picking up two quality receivers within the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Cheaper allowing you to fix other problems, and you actually make your offense better, then if you spend for just Wallace.

If we got Wallace, I would not have a problem with it, but think there are better ways to go.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Rather then pay Wallace his sick amount of money he is asking for being more or less a one trick pony, wouldn't it be smarter to keep the less speedy version of Wallace (for the right price) in Hartline, then getting Jennings, and picking up two quality receivers within the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Cheaper allowing you to fix other problems, and you actually make your offense better, then if you spend for just Wallace.

If we got Wallace, I would not have a problem with it, but think there are better ways to go.
    Hartline is nowhere near a "less speedy version" of Wallace. In fact, he's more of a Greg Jennings type than Wallace.

Jennings and Bowe will both want upward of 8-10 million so why not just pay Wallace what he's asking? There aren't many players capable of doing what Wallace has done and he's only going to get better. He's 26, the fastest player in the league and a instant game changer. If you resign Hartline for 4 million a year and pay Wallace what he wants you solidify the WR position for years to come. That is assuming you draft a WR early in the draft.

Again, Brian Hartline is nowhere near the same WR as Wallace. Speed or not it's just two completely different wideouts.
    Quote Quote