Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King's Super Bowl City Rankings

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody has a better scam than the nfl just choose cities that need renovations to compete who has taxpayers foot their bill. Worked real well in San Francisco. Better yet have our owner say that a vote would take too long therefore not even giving the taxpayers a choice
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Indianapolis being in there might be one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    just be like Ross if your car gets a dent in iot ask the taxpayers to fix it for u
    Bad comparison. The taxpayers aren't using my car or seeing money put into their community when I drive it around. The Sun Life Stadium renovations in the long run are going to pump a lot of money into the local community. Those locals don't even have to help pay for it, tourists will.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Peter King's Super Bowl City Rankings

The NFL makes so much damn money that they should help foot the bill on stadium upgrades
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Bad comparison. The taxpayers aren't using my car or seeing money put into their community when I drive it around. The Sun Life Stadium renovations in the long run are going to pump a lot of money into the local community. Those locals don't even have to help pay for it, tourists will.
    The money made from an nfl team or stadium is greatly overrated. does Disney which has a much greater effect on the economy ask the taxpayers to foot their bill to fix their parks of course not. why do u or anybody else feel that it is taxpayer responsibility to do this. The Nfl is a for profit organization that makes tons of money not some city owned municipality. why should I have to pay more money when I go to Miami to visit just so Ross can have a new stadium. Im going to visit the beaches and maybe take in a game but of course I should be charged n more so his team can be more valuable. why dont we just give public welfare to every entity that creates money for local economy and there is a long list of things that bring in greater money than our football team. Hell lets start building Walmarts so we can have more people employed. In fact lets just build an amusement park in Miami for some local billionaire which would affect the economy with a much greater impact than the 200 million dollar welfare check that Ross is asking for
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Indy was all about the convenience and these guys loved it. They gushed over it the last time they were there, and how everything was right next to the other thing, and how easy to navigate it was. Dallas? Well, I guess they were excited about the Temple of Jones. Miami is spread out, but I'd rather be there than in Indy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The money made from an nfl team or stadium is greatly overrated. does Disney which has a much greater effect on the economy ask the taxpayers to foot their bill to fix their parks of course not. why do u or anybody else feel that it is taxpayer responsibility to do this. The Nfl is a for profit organization that makes tons of money not some city owned municipality. why should I have to pay more money when I go to Miami to visit just so Ross can have a new stadium. Im going to visit the beaches and maybe take in a game but of course I should be charged n more so his team can be more valuable. why dont we just give public welfare to every entity that creates money for local economy and there is a long list of things that bring in greater money than our football team. Hell lets start building Walmarts so we can have more people employed. In fact lets just build an amusement park in Miami for some local billionaire which would affect the economy with a much greater impact than the 200 million dollar welfare check that Ross is asking for
    Are you really comparing Disney, a $70+ billion company with the Dolphins, a $1 billion franchise?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you really comparing Disney, a $70+ billion company with the Dolphins, a $1 billion franchise?
    Same concept disney wasnt always a 70 billion dollar company. The NFL's total value probably isnt very far off from that number so its quite comparable in concept.
    You believe in welfare for billionaires fine but there are companies that bring alot more money to Miami than Ross so why are we not just handing them money.
    I would be ok with public money if there was some type of incentive to give some of the extra profit back to community in actual monies not the pie in the sky lies the nfl would like us to believe.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Same concept disney wasnt always a 70 billion dollar company. The NFL's total value probably isnt very far off from that number so its quite comparable in concept.
    You believe in welfare for billionaires fine but there are companies that bring alot more money to Miami than Ross so why are we not just handing them money.
    I would be ok with public money if there was some type of incentive to give some of the extra profit back to community in actual monies not the pie in the sky lies the nfl would like us to believe.
    The hotel tax that will pay for the renovations is going to greatly impact the hotels in the area when the stadium is attracting 2-3 Super Bowls each decade. In the end the hotels are going to make much more than they are going to lose with this tax. It is long term investing. But the hotels aren't the only thing that will benefit from the renovations. Restaurants and many local businesses will see a boost as a result of this. Do you know how much money New Orleans local economy was estimated to gain from having the Super Bowl this year? $434 million. Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see the taxpayers invest $199 million for a $434 million return? The 2007 Miami Super Bowl brought $463 million to the South Florida community. If you have 2-3 Super Bowls in one decade you could be seeing a PROFIT of over $1 billion for the local economy. Who wouldn't want that? Especially when it will be TOURISTS, not the locals paying for it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The hotel tax that will pay for the renovations is going to greatly impact the hotels in the area when the stadium is attracting 2-3 Super Bowls each decade. In the end the hotels are going to make much more than they are going to lose with this tax. It is long term investing. But the hotels aren't the only thing that will benefit from the renovations. Restaurants and many local businesses will see a boost as a result of this. Do you know how much money New Orleans local economy was estimated to gain from having the Super Bowl this year? $434 million. Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see the taxpayers invest $199 million for a $434 million return? Or if you have 2-3 Super Bowls in one decade you could be seeing a PROFIT of over $1 billion for the local economy. Who wouldn't want that? Especially when it will be TOURISTS, not the locals paying for it.
    There would be much better places with better returns to invest taxpayer money. Those numbers are always quite inflated. Im trying to figure out how 60,000 plus people coming to a game somehow bring almost 500 million into an economy over a week So each of those people is spending like 10000 dollars in the local economy over this week and thats not including flight or tickets since the local economy makes nothing off those
    Quote Quote