Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter King's Super Bowl City Rankings

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    There would be much better places with better returns to invest taxpayer money. Those numbers are always quite inflated. Im trying to figure out how 60,000 plus people coming to a game somehow bring almost 500 million into an economy over a week So each of those people is spending like 10000 dollars in the local economy over this week and thats not including flight or tickets since the local economy makes nothing off those
    As with any sporting event, more people usually show up then actually go to the game. Some people just want to take part of the weekly festivities or tailgate outside during the game. Some people just want to be where the party is. 76,000+ might have been in the stadium for the game itself, but I bet that number is at least double if not triple of who showed up during the week. That means each person is probably spending around $1500-2000 over the entire week. $200-300 a day at the Super Bowl location? Easily. To bring up your Disney comparison, you are EASILY spending that much at a week at Disney World. Price a Disney cruise and see how much you are spending for a week.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    As with any sporting event, more people usually show up then actually go to the game. Some people just want to take part of the weekly festivities or tailgate outside during the game. Some people just want to be where the party is. 76,000+ might have been in the stadium for the game itself, but I bet that number is at least double if not triple of who showed up during the week. That means each person is probably spending around $1500-2000 over the entire week. $200-300 a day at the Super Bowl location? Easily. To bring up your Disney comparison, you are EASILY spending that much at a week at Disney World. Price a Disney cruise and see how much you are spending for a week.
    dont buy those numbers at all. It would be more profitable to give that money to something that would bring in money all year. Here is a unique idea let the nfl pay for their own damn stadiums they make plenty of money. No excuse for the second richest owner taking corporate welfare. If we are investing in stadium then we should own part of the stadium. Many of these people would be in NO or Miami regardless but of course the NFL wants you to forget that.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Many economic experts argue the real economic impact is like 100 million so lets say we host 2 superbowls in 10 years which is fairly logical but not guaranteed since the nfl has figured out this wonderful new scam.
    In 10 years Im pretty sure we get hit up for even more .
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    AJ DUHE JET KILLER

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Men, I've been to five superbowls. In Order Indy by far was the best(not enough hotels) Tampa twice(bad traffic both times) , miami(too spread out and my god bad weather) and Detroit.

Miami at Indy next year. Great place to see a game, and tailgate!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Qualcomm is too old now, but here in San Diego is the perfect weather.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Qualcomm is too old now, but here in San Diego is the perfect weather.
    Yep, if the Chargers can somehow manage to get a new stadium and Los Angeles manages to get a team, So Cal would probably be hosting Super Bowls every 3 to 5 years. It's unfortunate that this region of 22+million people and great weather hasn't hosted a Super Bowl in 10 years, and might not for a while.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Peter King's Super Bowl City Rankings

Having experienced Comic-Con 4 years in a row, I can only imagine how a SuperBowl would be in SD. Miss that city
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote