He makes a good point.
"Education should not validate ignorance but to overcome it"
Of course the concern is that more and more politician holding the idea that earth is only 6000 years old getting elected. Sometimes I have the feeling we are going backwards in our evolution as a species.
"....if there is activity in the ball prior to the rubbing action....
Bill Belichick, Sat Jan 24, 2015
"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
"What's that? A criminal?"
"Worse. A politician."
Source: Under The Dome
Problems with the video…
1. If the evidence was really on the side of the old earthier, then why are they so afraid of people teaching children the Earth is young? After all, the evidence will speak for itself and they will figure out the right answer won’t they? The truth of the matter is that there are very compelling arguments that can be made for a young earth, but rather than letting everyone hear these arguments they want to shut the debate down. Beware of the sound of one hand clapping.
2. His comparison between the age of the Earth and the width of United States is fallacious because length and width can be empirically measured, the age of the Earth cannot. False Analogy.
3. He is validating ignorance by not allowing the children to hear both sides of a very important scientific debate.
4. The Earth’s orbit around the sun can be empirically verified (although absolute motion is actually not completely accurate), the age of the Earth cannot be empirically verified, why do old-earthers always have to resort to fallacious analogies to try and prove their point?
5. Teaching both sides of an argument is in no way “watering down” the quality of education, it actually is enhancing it because it teaches critical thinking.
6. Evolution is not the basis of modern biology, that’s a complete canard; all of our modern discoveries in Biology could have been made without believing all life on Earth came from a single common ancestor.
7. The advancement of technology and bio-technology has nothing to do with the age of the Earth; after all, the MRI machine was invented by someone who believed the Earth was 6,000 years old.
8. He never makes a case as to why teaching children creation science is child abuse, even if everything he said were true (which it isn’t), he never explains why that makes it child abuse. Pretty lame video really.
Perseverance of the Saints
Id say the Old Earth view most certainly has empirical evidence to support it. Quite a large amount of it actually.
There is nothing that annoys me more than creationists. In all honesty, if Christians would remove this creationist strain from their midst, they would be a lot more popular. There is nothing worse than going to church and listening to the pastor pretend to be a scientist and spout off garbage to "debunk" evolution.
I am not sure if these pastors are cognizant of the lies and half truths they are spreading to their ministry, or if they truly believe what they are saying. Being that many of these pastors are rather intelligent in other facets of their life, I would have to believe they know the falsities of their claims, but keep spreading the misinformation to not diminish the validity of the Word.