Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Kirwan & Bill Devaney discuss Dolphins Draft

1. -1
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Video 1 Pat Kirwan & Bill Devaney discuss Dolphins Draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm7sCfJlCLU

Kirwan believes Dolphins are set at QB with Tannehill, should grab Jennings in FA and draft a DB in Round 1 (Dee Milliner or Xavier Rhodes)
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    A lot of praise and optimism for the Dolphins in this video. Don't tell SR7 and Vertical Limit who thinks it is all doom and gloom for the team.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not doom and gloom Peyton and Brady are showing their age
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ow they both was in playoff
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the breakdown. I agree with most of it too, which is always pleasing. I definitely am a proponent of re-signing Long ... but I'm not so sure about their suggestion of using the Franchise Tag on him. Not after the last year or so.

I agree completely with their FA WR assessment as well. I also like what they say about the WR's in the draft, although I've often stated my preference for Patterson in round 1 (over Allen or any of the CB's) and would hope for Eifert, Ertz or Hunter in round 2 or a tradedown from #12, although we'd be lucky to get any of those 3 with the #42 pick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xavier Rhodes in round one and Justin Hunter in round 2 would be epic

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Greg Jennings just makes too much sense for the Dolphins, especially if Brian Hartline is giving you a real hard time on his contract. Jennings can plug right in, be better than Hartline in nearly every facet, and he'll know the offense and playbook.

Would he be dynamic? No. But you're drafting at least one wide receiver almost no matter what you do. You can find dynamic in the draft. You sign Greg Jennings, draft Cordarrelle Patterson and put the two together with Davone Bess...you've really made over a wide receivers unit that used to be a weakness, and turned it into a strength.

What better influence could there be on a young Cordarrelle Patterson who is trying to learn the nuances of the game than guys like Greg Jennings and Davone Bess?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pat Kirwan & Bill Devaney discuss Dolphins Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Greg Jennings just makes too much sense for the Dolphins, especially if Brian Hartline is giving you a real hard time on his contract. Jennings can plug right in, be better than Hartline in nearly every facet, and he'll know the offense and playbook.

Would he be dynamic? No. But you're drafting at least one wide receiver almost no matter what you do. You can find dynamic in the draft. You sign Greg Jennings, draft Cordarrelle Patterson and put the two together with Davone Bess...you've really made over a wide receivers unit that used to be a weakness, and turned it into a strength.

What better influence could there be on a young Cordarrelle Patterson who is trying to learn the nuances of the game than guys like Greg Jennings and Davone Bess?
    Would help Rishard Matthews' development as well. Unfortunately, I don't think they will get Patterson if they get Jennings. They will probably go pass rusher at 12 th pick, then WR & DB in round 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Would help Rishard Matthews' development as well. Unfortunately, I don't think they will get Patterson if they get Jennings. They will probably go pass rusher at 12 th pick, then WR & DB in round 2
    I don't see them getting a pass rusher at 12. I don't see a player that really fits what they want. When it comes to marrying the scheme to their draft principles, I don't know that I see a d-end at 12 overall unless it's Zeke Ansah.

Not for nothing but ever since they took over in 2008 we always have had a soft spot as a fan base for pass rushers in the 1st round...and they never seem to go there. And even when they do go there, it's not in a way that anyone would've thought. It's Koa Misi who had like 2 sacks in his senior year, or Olivier Vernon who was also not a productive pass rusher, both of them more "savvy" than anything else, better run defenders than pass rushers.

I think Pat Kirwan has the right of this. It's like I have been saying all along, it's going to be wide receiver or cornerback, IMO. The real wildcard would actually be a straight up defensive tackle replacement for Randy Starks, such as Kawann Short.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pat Kirwan & Bill Devaney discuss Dolphins Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't see them getting a pass rusher at 12. I don't see a player that really fits what they want. When it comes to marrying the scheme to their draft principles, I don't know that I see a d-end at 12 overall unless it's Zeke Ansah.

Not for nothing but ever since they took over in 2008 we always have had a soft spot as a fan base for pass rushers in the 1st round...and they never seem to go there. And even when they do go there, it's not in a way that anyone would've thought. It's Koa Misi who had like 2 sacks in his senior year, or Olivier Vernon who was also not a productive pass rusher, both of them more "savvy" than anything else, better run defenders than pass rushers.

I think Pat Kirwan has the right of this. It's like I have been saying all along, it's going to be wide receiver or cornerback, IMO. The real wildcard would actually be a straight up defensive tackle replacement for Randy Starks, such as Kawann Short.
    I'd be fine with DB or WR in round 1. In fact, I really hope it's Patterson. I just hope they don't go tackle to replace Long in Round 1
    Quote Quote