Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
I don't see them getting a pass rusher at 12. I don't see a player that really fits what they want. When it comes to marrying the scheme to their draft principles, I don't know that I see a d-end at 12 overall unless it's Zeke Ansah.

Not for nothing but ever since they took over in 2008 we always have had a soft spot as a fan base for pass rushers in the 1st round...and they never seem to go there. And even when they do go there, it's not in a way that anyone would've thought. It's Koa Misi who had like 2 sacks in his senior year, or Olivier Vernon who was also not a productive pass rusher, both of them more "savvy" than anything else, better run defenders than pass rushers.

I think Pat Kirwan has the right of this. It's like I have been saying all along, it's going to be wide receiver or cornerback, IMO. The real wildcard would actually be a straight up defensive tackle replacement for Randy Starks, such as Kawann Short.
Something in my house will be broken if we take a DT. It's the absolute last position we need to blow a first rounder on, which means that it's our most likely target.