Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pat Kirwan & Bill Devaney discuss Dolphins Draft

1. -21
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't see them getting a pass rusher at 12. I don't see a player that really fits what they want. When it comes to marrying the scheme to their draft principles, I don't know that I see a d-end at 12 overall unless it's Zeke Ansah.

Not for nothing but ever since they took over in 2008 we always have had a soft spot as a fan base for pass rushers in the 1st round...and they never seem to go there. And even when they do go there, it's not in a way that anyone would've thought. It's Koa Misi who had like 2 sacks in his senior year, or Olivier Vernon who was also not a productive pass rusher, both of them more "savvy" than anything else, better run defenders than pass rushers.

I think Pat Kirwan has the right of this. It's like I have been saying all along, it's going to be wide receiver or cornerback, IMO. The real wildcard would actually be a straight up defensive tackle replacement for Randy Starks, such as Kawann Short.
    Something in my house will be broken if we take a DT. It's the absolute last position we need to blow a first rounder on, which means that it's our most likely target.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Randy and Jake go I would be thinking Branden Williams and Menelik Watson after the first. At 12 I'm looking at Paterson, Jordan, or Milliner however, they could all be gone and a lineman may the bpa!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't see them getting a pass rusher at 12. I don't see a player that really fits what they want. When it comes to marrying the scheme to their draft principles, I don't know that I see a d-end at 12 overall unless it's Zeke Ansah.

Not for nothing but ever since they took over in 2008 we always have had a soft spot as a fan base for pass rushers in the 1st round...and they never seem to go there. And even when they do go there, it's not in a way that anyone would've thought. It's Koa Misi who had like 2 sacks in his senior year, or Olivier Vernon who was also not a productive pass rusher, both of them more "savvy" than anything else, better run defenders than pass rushers.

I think Pat Kirwan has the right of this. It's like I have been saying all along, it's going to be wide receiver or cornerback, IMO. The real wildcard would actually be a straight up defensive tackle replacement for Randy Starks, such as Kawann Short.
    Zeke does fit the profile, I would rather see a kid like your boy Kruger later on or Gohlston. Two de's in this draft would be great. I would like to see them pressure the qb with our front four and not have to blitz so much. DO you think Carridine goes in the first? would love to steal him later.
    Quote Quote