Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeff Ireland interview

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Okay, name the last one Bess had that was a game changing play?
    Name the last 20 yard TD catch he had.
    Name the last time Fasano had a catch over 20 yards becuase this year alone he had only 1 catch over 10 yards, they were all BELOW 10 yards.

Whether he drafted or not, he SIGNED them, picked them to play for his team. Thats the point.

I listed linemen because he claims he believes in the need to have players create 20 yard plays but yet he never invested in players that do that. Thats my point. Must everything be handed on a platter for one to understand hte "point and principle."
    No, that is not the point you were originally trying to make. The list of players you posted you claimed he drafted, yet most of them were not drafted. You complained that offensive and defensive lineman didn't have multiple plays of 20+ yards when they are never in a position to do that. You complained that the players you listed NEVER had multiple 20 yard plays during a 4-5 game span, yet that was not true at all. Now after I exposed your lies you are backtracking on what you said and trying to revise it. After all the lies and incorrect information you posted in the original post I quoted and debunked, how can we trust any "facts" or "truths" that you try to spread on this board?

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think what Ireland is saying is that it's about windows of opportunity. So, if they decide to let Jake Long go and realize that Martin isn't ready to play LT, then their window is using the #12 pick on Fisher or Johnson. None of the other top FA T's are going to sign with the Dolphins for substantially less than Jake, so if we can't re-sign him, then we need a plan B for whatever position they had targeted with the #12 pick ... and no healthy top pass rusher will be available in the 2nd round, so any plan that has us drafting a top notch pass rusher is probably going to require us re-signing Jake Long. Things like that.

Ideally, he would want to address the need positions like LT before the draft, without forcing our hand on draft day. There are options for WR in rounds 1-3, ditto for CB, S, and G. We would like but don't need guys for DE, OLB, ILB, TE, and RB (power runner to replace Daniel Thomas and/or a backup to Lamar Miller if we let Bush walk). The positions where we are going to miss out on the top talent if we pass in the first round are likely LT, TE and pass rusher (DE/OLB). Hopefully, we'll have the luxury of picking the best player and not needing to fill a hole. Every decision has consequences, be they cap implications, scarcity at the position, or something else, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us trade down from #12 on draft day. I keep salivating at the pipe-dream of trading down with Cincinnati where we give up the #12 and we receive the #21 and #37. That would give us 2 picks in the range where the top players at most of our desired positions (WR, TE, DE/OLB, CB) will still be in play and be great value picks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jeff Ireland interview

I'm starting to think we should tag Long just so we don't have to address the tackle situation this offseason. I want this offseason to be ALL about playmakers
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even If we tag Long in FA we'll have a ton of wiggle room to add in playmakers and fix some issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote