Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the love for Justin Hunter???

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Where's the love for Justin Hunter???

I'm just trying to figure out why everyone is sleeping on this kid. I get the argument that he might not be a fit for a west coast offense but everyone has this kid slipping into the mid second round. He's got great height, good jumping ability, attacks the ball in the air and he knows how to shorten up those long strides early in his routes to break the press and set up defenders for his breaks. Not to mention the fact that he has elite deep speed. I don't think people realize it because when he hits full stride he's covering so much ground but the kid can absolutely fly. IMO this kid is a legit #1 receiver regardless of the team you put him on.

Can anyone shed some light on why he's slipping back so far in the mocks coming out? Is it the knee?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think it's so much that he's falling, it's that others are rising. Quinton Patton for instance came on strong at the Senior Bowl and he's being ranked higher and higher. Patterson is getting pushed into the 1st round, even though Hunter was considered a first rounder in December. I think it's more of a regression to the mean and he's settling in at a place that's better for him, mid secondish. My own little nitpick is that I get angry whenever he runs backwards trying to pick up YAC. It works sometimes and he makes great plays (he runs like 30 yards across the field to get 10 yards in the Miss St game) but most times he gets tackled and takes a loss. It's like Brandon Marshall all over again without the strength.

I also think his hands are inconsistent. Not that we should use specific instances as confirmation bias, but there's a drop at the end of the half against Bama that was just a killer. 40 yards in the air, right on his hands, in front of the Bama defenders and he just drops it. I have a lot of drops counted for him for something ridiculously high like an 11% drop rate to the point where either his hands are really bad or my data on him has some issues.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if hunter can get back to where he was prior to his knee injury, then i'll take him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watch some tape on him. He drops alot of catchable balls.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    I have a thing for 6'4 receivers. I have always also had an interest in Hunter but his inconsistent hands worry me.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Maybe we can look at Brandon Kaufman later on in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A CB in the first and hunter with one of our 2 second round picks would be great but we still need a WR in FA to go along with hunter
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would hate him for the Fins. I believe Tannehill would hate him after 2 games. No two catches the guy makes are the same. No two routes he runs are the same. He is a unique athlete, but his uniqueness makes him an awkward fit (and awkward is the perfect word) for a WCO and a QB with great accuracy who wants to develop chemistry with a WR so he can place the ball where the WR ALWAYS likes it.

IMO, that's one of the big reasons he has so many drops. How the hell does the QB know where to place the ball when no two snaps are the same, even when the playcall is identical?

Bailey would be Tannehill's best buddy for exactly that reason. He's been coached properly and he values the importance of consistency in routes and catches.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he could be a #1 as well. A steal in the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    whoever ends up with Hunter is gonna have the steal of the draft in 3 years

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote