Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the love for Justin Hunter???

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think with a good combine,the talks of late 2nd round,or early third round as I seen in one mock recently,goes out the window.If you go back to 2011 before his injury Hunter was all but a lock for the first round.I would defianetley welcome him to Miami.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ditto what NuGap said
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore MD/ Miami, Flor
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hunter has qualities of AJ Green/Randy Moss. I am not saying he is in that class of talent. He has tremendous strength but there is no doubt that he didn't have the same explosiveness in 2012 that he did in 2011. However with players such as Quinton Patton, Markus Wheaton, Marquis Goodwin, etc. rising Justin Hunter could fall into our laps in round 2. I have Hunter as the 3rd best receiver in this draft and think he offers tremendous upside at the next level
    For your Sports News, Dolphins point of view, and Draft Talk please follow me at....

http://twitter.com/NealDriscoll and visit my draft site NFL DRAFT WIZARD (http://www.nfldraftwizard.com) and read my mock's and articles at MiamiDolphinsDraft.com
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Where's the love for Justin Hunter???

Thanks guys. Some good points made. I really wonder what this kid is going to look like 2 years removed from that knee injury. It sounds like a few of you agree that he's a first round talent. The only guys I have ahead of him are Keenan Allen and nuke Thompson.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow Terrance Williams will get snagged before hunter. Strange world we're living in.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have much respect for Justin Hunter. I sometimes wonder if the ghost of Yatil Green still haunts Miami GM's but we don't seem to gamble on WR's with injury histories. Hunter's lift and extension are awesome, his speed is very good, his blocking, RAC, TD threat from distance and in the red zone.

The issues that drop Hunter from a sure fire AJ Green type to a round 1-2 guy are 1) inconsistent hands, 2) injuries, 3) underdeveloped body, 4) unrealized potential, and 5) work ethic. He sometimes shows very sound snatching ability as a hands catcher. But, he doesn't possess the physical strength to come down with contested balls in traffic. He sometimes tries to run before he catches the ball, leading to drops. Sometimes he just doesn't seem focused enough, also leading to drops. He has had a major injury and hasn't fully regained his speed and explosion, but looks physically sound. He definitely needs more muscle to deal with physical corners, press coverage, and contested catches, but also to avoid injuries. He came into Tennessee as a top recruit with phenomenal size/speed/leap/wingspan/extension and was annoited before he played a down. He needs to get past that and become a harder worker who is more devoted to his craft and willing to put in the practice time.

The misconception that he doesn't fit the WCO is simply wrong. He runs good routes, blocks well, and is big, fast and generates good RAC. He would be great for the WCO ... if he consistently caught the ball. With some WR's it's poor technique, sloppy hands, body catching, coordination, or small hands. Hunter has none of those problems, his is just consistently concentrating and watching the ball into his hands before he starts to run. And, he needs stronger hands. If Anquan Bolden is the poster child for strong hands ... guys like Hunter are the polar opposite.

But, all of his issues are ones that can be attributed to 2 things, being young and not being physically developed yet. The multi-million dollar question, is will he grow up and physically develop to the point he starts realizing his AJ Green/Randy Moss type talent? I don't know, but I'd love to take a chance on this kid, because he's a good kid with unbelievable natural talent. If he's available late round 1 or even round 2, I think he's going to be a steal for someone.
    Last edited by Digital; 02-07-2013 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Quote