Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115

Thread: Take a break from the predictions and laugh a little...

  1. -61
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    He's not elite, he did very little in postseason until his first good postseason game in 2011 at NE. he was great this postseason but this is a guy Bal won a playoff game w/ when he completed 4 passes.

    He's nowhere near the elite discussion. Had a great run, deserves all the accolades for it but a 4 game run doesn't make someone elite.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,620
    vCash:
    19221
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He's not elite, he did very little in postseason until his first good postseason game in 2011 at NE. he was great this postseason but this is a guy Bal won a playoff game w/ when he completed 4 passes.

    He's nowhere near the elite discussion. Had a great run, deserves all the accolades for it but a 4 game run doesn't make someone elite.
    You had said the Ravens were elite though, right? If so, what makes them elite specifically?



    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    the fact that they are constatly competing for SBs, they may not have made and won one until this year but they are at least in the div round every year.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,865
    vCash:
    60675
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the fact that they are constatly competing for SBs, they may not have made and won one until this year but they are at least in the div round every year.
    As far as discussing which teams are among the best in the AFC or NFC, I would agree with that criteria. I don't like to use the word elite unless that team has won a Super Bowl. Bal making at least the division round in the last 5 seasons with 3 AFCC games and a Super Bowl win makes them elite. However, I would say that if you are consistently a serious contender for the Super Bowl, that you are among the best in your conference.

    What is your definition of constantly? I would not consider a team that had 1 or 2 seasons of making the division round one of the best. I wouldn't consider a team that never made it past the division round one of the best either.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    As far as discussing which teams are among the best in the AFC or NFC, I would agree with that criteria. I don't like to use the word elite unless that team has won a Super Bowl. Bal making at least the division round in the last 5 seasons with 3 AFCC games and a Super Bowl win makes them elite. However, I would say that if you are consistently a serious contender for the Super Bowl, that you are among the best in your conference.

    What is your definition of constantly? I would not consider a team that had 1 or 2 seasons of making the division round one of the best. I wouldn't consider a team that never made it past the division round one of the best either.
    I think the reg season has to count to, I weight the postseason more heavily but Atl has been a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 years and made 4 of the last 5 postseasons. Are they elite? I'd probably put them in based on reg season success b/c they are consistently putting themselves in position to compete for championships even though they never actually do it.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,620
    vCash:
    19221
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the fact that they are constatly competing for SBs, they may not have made and won one until this year but they are at least in the div round every year.
    So to you Flacco has nothing to do with their success the last five years?

    ---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think the reg season has to count to, I weight the postseason more heavily but Atl has been a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 years and made 4 of the last 5 postseasons. Are they elite? I'd probably put them in based on reg season success b/c they are consistently putting themselves in position to compete for championships even though they never actually do it.
    Atlanta can't be elite if they can't make it to the Super Bowl. They've had decent success but that's all.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,246
    vCash:
    21085
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So to you Flacco has nothing to do with their success the last five years?

    ---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------



    Atlanta can't be elite if they can't make it to the Super Bowl. They've had decent success but that's all.
    Of course he does but that doesn't make him elite, using that logic every starter is elite on Baltimore.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,660
    vCash:
    1346
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: Take a break from the predictions and laugh a little...

    Flacco is more elite than the back-to-back AFC Championship runner-up Jets.

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    993
    vCash:
    3960
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Flacco is more elite than the back-to-back AFC Championship runner-up Jets.

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Flacco won the MVP in the super bowl! There isnt anyone on those Jet teams that could come close to his performance let alone compare the jets team to him!

    The Jets AFCC game loses are past history...no one remembers them. Flacco is a winner!!!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,865
    vCash:
    60675
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think the reg season has to count to, I weight the postseason more heavily but Atl has been a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 years and made 4 of the last 5 postseasons. Are they elite? I'd probably put them in based on reg season success b/c they are consistently putting themselves in position to compete for championships even though they never actually do it.
    I don't like to use the word elite unless the team has won a Super Bowl, but I would consider Atl one of the better teams in the NFC. They have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 seasons and won at least 11 games 3 out of 4 of those seasons. The other two they won 9 and 10 games. I don't think you can just look at a specific round a team makes it to in the playoffs, becasue you have to consider who they lost to, who they beat, and how they won if they advanced. Atl was 1 and done in 3 out of their last 4 playoff apps, but look at who they lost to.

    AZ in 2008 who was a couple of minutes away from winning the Super Bowl that year.
    GB in 2010 who won the Super Bowl.
    The Giants in 2011 who also won the Super Bowl.

    Had Alt beat mediocre teams allowing them to advance further in the playoffs before losing to one of those teams that made it to the Super Bowl, it wouldn't change my opinion of the type of team Atl is. To me, it is not only regular season success, but who you play in the playoffs and how you won or lost.

    So, yes I would consider Atl one of the better teams in the NFC based on their sustained regular season success and based on who they lost to in the playoffs.

    What is sustained success to you? Do you really think that making it to the divisional round makes a team elite?
    Last edited by The New Guy; 02-08-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else get a laugh out of this?
    By DisturbedShifty in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM
  3. Had to Laugh
    By Dphins4me in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
  4. This should get a laugh....
    By Talos in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
  5. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •