Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Take a break from the predictions and laugh a little...

1. -101
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think 1 playoff win makes you elite, where did I say that? I didn't give any # of wins. The dolphins weren't elite 1998-2000 b/c they proved they couldn't play w/ the big boys losing by a combined 127-10 in the 3 div rd games.

I think NE was in 2010 b/c they won 14 games, I think Atl as a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 seasons even though they have won just 1 playoff game has been, I also think Bal pre 2012 was elite based on making 2 title games from '08-'11.

Did you not say that a team was elite if they consistently made the divisional round? (Final 4 of your conference) You get there with a bye, or with 1 WC playoff win. Any team that doesn't win a Super Bowl proves that they are not on the same level as teams that do win the Super Bowl.

If you are just examining 1 season in 2010, how can NE be elite like GB when NE was 1 and done in the playoffs and GB won a Super Bowl? We have a much longer time frame to judge Atl, and since they have been consistently in the playoffs, I would call them one of the better NFC team, but not elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    A) I couldn't care less if people on here like me or not especially those that do nothing but bash me b/c they don't like my football opinions

B) It was a JOKE, sorry you don't have a sense of humor.
    I've never seen you make a joke before. Don't start if that's the sort of weird humor you have.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

The '12 Colts got battered in the WC rd, same thing w/ the '08 Phins so no neither were elite. had they won 2 playoff games and made the title game they would have had elite seasons.
    How is Atlanta elite then since they hadn't won a playoff game until his year under Matt Ryan? B/c they won some regular season games? If they were elite they would've done more than just finish a high seed to then not get to the SB.

Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Did you not say that a team was elite if they consistently made the divisional round? (Final 4 of your conference) You get there with a bye, or with 1 WC playoff win. Any team that doesn't win a Super Bowl proves that they are not on the same level as teams that do win the Super Bowl.

If you are just examining 1 season in 2010, how can NE be elite like GB when NE was 1 and done in the playoffs and GB won a Super Bowl? We have a much longer time frame to judge Atl, and since they have been consistently in the playoffs, I would call them one of the better NFC team, but not elite.
    There's a difference btw consistently and once in a while. If a team is in the dic rd every year w/ a conf title app here and there they are elite, if they are in the div rd every year and lose(especially the way Miami didn't even compete) then they are not elite.

NE won 14 games, I can take 1 game as asort of a fluky thing for them. If it was like 2009 where they won 10 and lost in the WC rd that's different but winning 14 games is elite in any season.

I can buy Atl not being elite overall but at the very least they are an elite NFC team.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I've never seen you make a joke before. Don't start if that's the sort of weird humor you have.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

How is Atlanta elite then since they hadn't won a playoff game until his year under Matt Ryan? B/c they won some regular season games? If they were elite they would've done more than just finish a high seed to then not get to the SB.
    I crack jokes often actually, my jokes are funny unlike our resident 3rd grade photoshop artist.

You don't see the difference btw being a 1 seed 2 of 3 years vs. being a 5 or 6 seed that is one and done?
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    There's a difference btw consistently and once in a while. If a team is in the dic rd every year w/ a conf title app here and there they are elite, if they are in the div rd every year and lose(especially the way Miami didn't even compete) then they are not elite.

NE won 14 games, I can take 1 game as asort of a fluky thing for them. If it was like 2009 where they won 10 and lost in the WC rd that's different but winning 14 games is elite in any season.

I can buy Atl not being elite overall but at the very least they are an elite NFC team.
    You are changing your criteria. It is not just making the divisional round then? You have to advance to a conference championship every once in a while?

So you finally admit that the Jets win over NE in 2010 was a fluky thing?
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You are changing your criteria. It is not just making the divisional round then? You have to advance to a conference championship every once in a while?

So you finally admit that the Jets win over NE in 2010 was a fluky thing?
    Where did I say it was just making the div rd?

The Jets beat them up but from a NE perspective it was fluky for them. They proved over 16 games they were the best but anything can happen in 1 game in this era.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I crack jokes often actually, my jokes are funny unlike our resident 3rd grade photoshop artist.

You don't see the difference btw being a 1 seed 2 of 3 years vs. being a 5 or 6 seed that is one and done?
    Most of his graphics aren't funny to me either but they don't bother me.

Atlanta is the same as any other team that doesn't make the SB. Since winning the SB is the goal of each NFL team, every time a team fails to do it, they should get lumped into the category of other teams who failed as well.

Personally going 14-2 and being bounced out of the playoffs is the same as being 9-7 and losing in the WC round. Winning 5 more games than the 9-7 team is dandy and all but if you can't get to the SB, what's the point?
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we disagree, while I think postseason means more you still deserve some credit for great reg seasons.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we disagree, while I think postseason means more you still deserve some credit for great reg seasons.
    There's no point in having a 'great' reg season if you don't get to and win the SB. There literally is no point. If anything a team that consistently has 'great' reg seasons that never makes the SB should be labeled a choker.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    There's no point in having a 'great' reg season if you don't get to and win the SB. There literally is no point. If anything a team that consistently has 'great' reg seasons that never makes the SB should be labeled a choker.
    The teams that consistently put themselves in position w/ great reg seasons usuaulyl will break through at some point.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Where did I say it was just making the div rd?

The Jets beat them up but from a NE perspective it was fluky for them. They proved over 16 games they were the best but anything can happen in 1 game in this era.
    You said in another thread that you thought a team was elite if they consistently made the divisional round. You don't recall that?

I thought you have argued many times that the Jets proved they were the better team by beating NE in the playoffs?
    Quote Quote