Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5. Speed wins. Again, the Parcells Way was big and strong. Ireland has tried, by increments, to change that the last two drafts. But the reason the Dolphins have trouble causing turnovers is end Cameron Wake and safety Reshad Jones are the only players with speed on the defense.
    Wake and Jones are the only players with speed on defense? Really Dave? They may be the only players on defense that plays fast but they are not the only players with speed.

The fact that Ireland went against his own principles in drafting Tannehill last year mean that you can teach old dogs new tricks or in this case, teach them to adjust their outdated philosophy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland had to trade down in the past. This team needed to upgrade talent at every level, now we need play makers and the top play makers normally come from the top quarter of the draft. In the past we needed linemen that could hold up better than a turnstile (remember the playoff game against the Ravens?). Now we are more set there so we can fill other needs, instead of every single position, and go for guy's that can score, sack, or turn the ball over. I think Ireland win's big this offseason... at least I hope, for his, and all of our sakes he does!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

Who else lacks the confidence to think he has?
    There's only one question for Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland on this first day of the NFL off-season, and it's not why he still has this chance, what he'll do with $48 million and five high draft picks to spend or whether the next few months will define his football reputation, once and for all.
    It's simply this: What has he learned these last five years?
    They've been pockmarked by draft mistakes, free-agent issues and problems that have translated into four straight losing seasons. Few general managers survive such a run. Ireland has.
    So what lessons are learned as another Super Bowl with winning models passes by? Let's hope:
    Read more:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...6337355.column
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry again, did not see this posted earlier.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So lets get this straight...

Ireland trades back, misses on great to good playres and gets average players
    He has had a below average career in Miami
    His FA hits are below average
    His teams have been consistently average to below average
    His teams lack Great players or any HOUSEHOLD names.
    Almost every player that contributes IS Average.

Do you notice teh trend here? I do but I also know 99% of the people that wear fin shades notice only 1 trend here, this dangerous man who sucks at adding talent has "5 picks in the 82 and 45 mill to spend"

thats like handing a psycho with just a Pistol an RPG and an M16 with unlimited ammo now. But I mean, its Ireland and this is MIami so I guess its like handing Baby Jesus some unlimited milk instead.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    You can definitely tell Ireland has evolved and has been improving. Though the early returns on Egnew are bad, the 2012 was a very good draft class for the Dolphins. This is going to be a very exciting off season for the Dolphins and their fans. The future is bright, Go Dolphins!

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    there is nothing wrong with trading the 12 pick if the value is there. It's easy to pick the cream of the crop he missed on after the fact, so Dave H's assesment on trading down is invalid IMO. There is always a risk/reward to trading down or up. But as mentioned before, Ireland has adjusted to his methods as far as drafting goes and that was proven last year... He's also gone on record saying he will be looking for playmakers this offseason.... People have the ability to adjust, Ireland doesn't seem like the type who is set in his ways. again JMO
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Wake and Jones are the only players with speed on defense? Really Dave? They may be the only players on defense that plays fast but they are not the only players with speed.

The fact that Ireland went against his own principles in drafting Tannehill last year mean that you can teach old dogs new tricks or in this case, teach them to adjust their outdated philosophy.
    Or if he didn't draft a QB he would have been tar and feathered by the dolphin fans
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Or if he didn't draft a QB he would have been tar and feathered by the dolphin fans
    Really? Because I recall half this forum being adamantly against drafting Tannehill last year on draft day.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    So lets get this straight...Ireland trades back, misses on great to good playres and gets average playersHe has had a below average career in MiamiHis FA hits are below averageHis teams have been consistently average to below averageHis teams lack Great players or any HOUSEHOLD names.Almost every player that contributes IS Average.Do you notice teh trend here? I do but I also know 99% of the people that wear fin shades notice only 1 trend here, this dangerous man who sucks at adding talent has "5 picks in the 82 and 45 mill to spend"thats like handing a psycho with just a Pistol an RPG and an M16 with unlimited ammo now. But I mean, its Ireland and this is MIami so I guess its like handing Baby Jesus some unlimited milk instead.
    For Jeff haters, this is pretty much a cut paste templet for every thread that mentions Ireland... always fun to read, and when I say ALWAYS I mean ANNOYING
    Quote Quote