Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

1. -21
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Really? Because I recall half this forum being adamantly against drafting Tannehill last year on draft day.
    I don't remember that. I know some people did want Luke Keuchkly, Quinton Coples or Michael Floyd . . . but I think there was a sigh of relief for the most part that we FINALLY drafted a QB in the first round . . . and I can tell you, thank goodness we didn't wait until this year because this crop of QB's just doesn't compare.

I do think drafting Tannehill had less to do with Ireland and more to do with Philbin/Sherman, but I don't have any basis for that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    For Jeff haters, this is pretty much a cut paste templet for every thread that mentions Ireland... always fun to read, and when I say ALWAYS I mean ANNOYING
    Hell he's here now, there ain't no excuses this year in regards to FA/draft . . . and we have a first round QB going into his 2nd year . . . Jeff either hits it out of the park or he can take his ass to the dugout permanently . . . no singles or doubles . . . he has had his chance for that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Jeff Ireland views any of those as mistakes, and that's probably part of the problem.

I think it's probably too much to expect him to suddenly become the GM we all want him to be. But here's to hoping he at least gets lucky...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    I don't think Jeff Ireland views any of those as mistakes, and that's probably part of the problem.

I think it's probably too much to expect him to suddenly become the GM we all want him to be. But here's to hoping he at least gets lucky...
    Well yea, I have no problem with him getting lucky . . . whether fans wanna take that as him becoming a great GM or not really doesn't matter . . . this is the year to get lucky . . . if he can't do it this year, we need to just move on. Hell I'd still greenlight a late firing to be honest with you but I know it isn't happening so I gotta put my faith in Jeff Ireland and hope he gets "lucky" as you perfectly put it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well sometimes you need a little LUCK when it comes to drafting. How many talneted guys who seemed to be sure things end up busting out and how many times have guys getting passed up 3 or 4 rounds end up becoming multiple all pro players. Drafting is a mix of evaluating talent, potential and a little luck. NOBODY gets it right 100% of the time. As a matter a fact I think WildBill posted something that the most successfull teams only hit on 40% of there picks.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I don't remember that. I know some people did want Luke Keuchkly, Quinton Coples or Michael Floyd . . . but I think there was a sigh of relief for the most part that we FINALLY drafted a QB in the first round . . . and I can tell you, thank goodness we didn't wait until this year because this crop of QB's just doesn't compare.

I do think drafting Tannehill had less to do with Ireland and more to do with Philbin/Sherman, but I don't have any basis for that.
    I actually recently went back and read through some old threads from per draft regarding Tannehill and there were A LOT of posters against him. Heck, I even found an old post of mine where I wrote "Tannehill has bust written all over him", but that was early in the draft process. By the time draft day came, I was on board with the Tannehill pick, but many others still were not. Go back and read those old posts. Pretty interesting.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Hell he's here now, there ain't no excuses this year in regards to FA/draft . . . and we have a first round QB going into his 2nd year . . . Jeff either hits it out of the park or he can take his ass to the dugout permanently . . . no singles or doubles . . . he has had his chance for that.
    I've never been a fan or naysayer of Ireland because he hadn't been in full control until these past couple seasons but now with a few years of full personnel control I fully agree that THIS offseason and upcoming season will make or break his Dolphins career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree on this being JI's make or break offseason. this is year 3 of him running the show himself without the Tuna breathing down his neck, his 2nd year with Philbin. He has the amo and the picks to build off something he did last year. If we don't make major strides, I agree it's time he goes... As for the Tanny pick, I remember it being somewhat 60/40 for the pick. I remember reading a lot of people saying we got a second round talent with our first pick and a first round talent with our second pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I actually recently went back and read through some old threads from per draft regarding Tannehill and there were A LOT of posters against him. Heck, I even found an old post of mine where I wrote "Tannehill has bust written all over him", but that was early in the draft process. By the time draft day came, I was on board with the Tannehill pick, but many others still were not. Go back and read those old posts. Pretty interesting.
    Ive read the same threads. There were a lot of draft guys on this board that didnt want him in the 1st round. Many were calling for Weeden or Kuechly. Thos same people were also ready to storm Dolphins' headquarters after we passed on Matt Flynn.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wanted Michael Floyd but when Ryan Tannehill's name was announced I was totally cool with it. I'll probably take a peak back there in the lead up to the draft, I'm sure there is some interesting stuff that was being tossed around at that time.
    Quote Quote