Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
Exactly, Ireland is the GM for the 2013 season that is not going to change. Bitching and moaning about him having the job is just annoying and pointless at this point. If you want to talk about his record or what he will do this upcoming offseason, fine, but to keep saying things like "Why is he the GM?", "Ireland needs to be fired", blah blah blah is not going to accomplish anything.

As a Dolphins fan you should be HOPING and ROOTING for Ireland succeed during this upcoming free agency period and the draft. The ultimate goal for all of us Dolphins fans is to see the team get better, get back in the playoffs and eventually bring home the Lombardi Trophy. Hoping for the GM to fail is not what any of us should be doing. Sure you can come back at this post with "look at his record", "I have no faith in him" or whatever same lines you have been writing but that doesn't change the fact that Ireland will be signing players this March and drafting players in April. That is going to happen whether you or I like it. With that said, the BEST thing for this franchise is for Ireland to be successful this offseason because failure will likely mean a GM change at the end of the season and very possibly a head coaching change. We will be starting completely over again, that would not be good.

This offseason is set up to be one of the most exciting and eventful offseasons for the Dolphins in a long time with $45+ million in cap space and 5 draft picks in the top 82. The money and picks are there to make a quick turnaround and be in the playoffs next season. With all this money and cap space, and the fact that we have our quarterback position settled makes me very excited for the future of this team. Go Dolphins!
If our complaining on this forum DID get Ireland fired, id be terrified. No one has suggested that our complaints on here are going to accomplish anything. Just like this forum is used by some to soley praise everything that the Dolphins have every done, its also used to complain about the things that have justifiably made people upset. Most of us are loyal to the Miami Dolphins and not to the people who currently occupy the front office and are passionate for this teams success. We have found 4 losing seasons to be unacceptable and, for some of us(me at least), do not have the personality to just duck our heads and ignore reality in favor of ignorant(and by this point forced ignorance) bliss. Its just human nature.

Can you please point me to a (Miami)poster who has hoped Ireland will fail this offseason? Expecting us to fail is not the same as cheering it on. I hope Miranda Kerr knocks on my door offering to pay me a million dollars to fill her with wine and see where the evening takes us, but my expectations on that happening are low. Many expected us to have a losing season (i believe your own prediction was a 7-9 year), surely your not suggesting that those expecting us to have a losing season were hoping we would have a losing season?

This offseason is only exciting and eventful if we make good moves. We only make good moves depending on how good our general manager is. We could have $100 million and 27 draft picks, but none of that would matter if the guy who is making decisions is god awful. Some of us, while supporting the notion that this offseason is the most important in team history, just dont see how our 5 high draft picks are that much different then in 2008 and 2009 when we had 4 high draft picks....and we busted on those.

2 intelligent, educated people can look at the same situation and come to two different conclusions. Its natural, and if the only thing we were allowed to do on this forum is heap lavish praise on anything Miami did at all, it would be hideously boring.