Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

1. -61
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Nublar7, your signature on the referenced post identifies you as "Finheaven Administrator". Can you clarify whether the opinions expressed in the referenced post are your personal opinions or the official opinions of Finheaven management?
    So one man's opinion is a representation of all FinHeaven management?

It's not like FinHeaven is publicly traded on Wall Street.

Holy hell lol.

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    I am relatively new to posting here and have little if no understanding as to how the site is officially run. I read your statement in the referenced post to say that it is your wish that people who have made posts critical of Ireland's continued employment as general manager or critical of the Jake Long draft pick would stop posting. Since I have personally made posts of this type I am trying to understand whether my contributions to the discussions are welcome here by the owners of the site. I lurked in the background of this site as a reader for several years. I can easily return to that mode if the management of this site feels my contributions are harmful to the discussion or to the overall health of their prooduct.
    As long as you follow the TOS you will be fine. If what I post comes across as an opinion, then it is just an opinion. If I say that a TOS rule is being broken than that represents "FinHeaven Management". My job is to enforce the TOS, myself or other staff members will never just make up rules on the fly.

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    So I guess Chargers fans had no right to want AJ Smith fired or Detroit fans to want Matt Millen gone. They should have just been quiet and dealt with it because they were the GMs. I would like nothing more than for Ireland to knock this offseason out of the park. The problem is that he has shown absolutely nothing in the past that leads me to believe that it will actually happen. Until he does prove me wrong I'm going to keep complaining about the fact that he still has a job. The burden of proof is on him, not me.
    True story about AJ Smith...I think he's a very decent GM.

Problem with AJ is that he and Marty didn't see eye to eye.

So come Black Monday, AJ doesn't fire Marty. Instead, he waits until coaching vacancies have all been filled and THEN he fires Marty.

Now, Marty was a good coach but was nearing the end of his career. So AJ, to spite Marty, fires him when he knows Marty can't get another head coaching job if nothing is open. AJ essentially forces Marty into retirement.

Unfortunately for AJ, he didn't have a lot in the coaching pool to choose from. So he had to settle for Norv.

Big mistake.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post

How is that really progressing the discussion? It doesn't it is just more of the same hate that derails numerous other threads. Has no substance. People who are still surprised that Ireland is employed for the 2013 season should just accept it and deal with it. If they are still shocked at this point that is on them, not me. So I really don't need to hear it from them over and over and over again. Bring something new to the discussion and add some substance instead of the annoying spam.
    Its not much different than complaining about the local fans not supporting the team every time a game doesn't sell out. Or complaining about the media or Vegas predicting we'll have a losing season (they're almost always right) every week as if they have some agenda against us. Do you really think calling the locals bad fans over and over will encourage more of them to go to games?

Just like I know Ireland will be running the team for 2013 you should also know that Ross will have to buy seats for most games in 2013 to keep them from getting blacked out, so there is really no point in either of us complaining about those forgone conclusions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    True story about AJ Smith...I think he's a very decent GM.

Problem with AJ is that he and Marty didn't see eye to eye.

So come Black Monday, AJ doesn't fire Marty. Instead, he waits until coaching vacancies have all been filled and THEN he fires Marty.

Now, Marty was a good coach but was nearing the end of his career. So AJ, to spite Marty, fires him when he knows Marty can't get another head coaching job if nothing is open. AJ essentially forces Marty into retirement.

Unfortunately for AJ, he didn't have a lot in the coaching pool to choose from. So he had to settle for Norv.

Big mistake.
    I do agree with this to an extent. I don't think that he is a bad as he got credit for (and he actually drafted playmakers, unlike someone else), but I do feel like he started to think he was invincible. He held onto Norv for way too long and and just made a bunch of head-scratching moves towards the end. He definitely needed to go, but he at least had a history of good GMing at one point.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote