Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

  1. -51
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,474
    vCash:
    1482
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Exactly, Ireland is the GM for the 2013 season that is not going to change. Bitching and moaning about him having the job is just annoying and pointless at this point. If you want to talk about his record or what he will do this upcoming offseason, fine, but to keep saying things like "Why is he the GM?", "Ireland needs to be fired", blah blah blah is not going to accomplish anything.

    As a Dolphins fan you should be HOPING and ROOTING for Ireland succeed during this upcoming free agency period and the draft. The ultimate goal for all of us Dolphins fans is to see the team get better, get back in the playoffs and eventually bring home the Lombardi Trophy. Hoping for the GM to fail is not what any of us should be doing. Sure you can come back at this post with "look at his record", "I have no faith in him" or whatever same lines you have been writing but that doesn't change the fact that Ireland will be signing players this March and drafting players in April. That is going to happen whether you or I like it. With that said, the BEST thing for this franchise is for Ireland to be successful this offseason because failure will likely mean a GM change at the end of the season and very possibly a head coaching change. We will be starting completely over again, that would not be good.

    This offseason is set up to be one of the most exciting and eventful offseasons for the Dolphins in a long time with $45+ million in cap space and 5 draft picks in the top 82. The money and picks are there to make a quick turnaround and be in the playoffs next season. With all this money and cap space, and the fact that we have our quarterback position settled makes me very excited for the future of this team. Go Dolphins!
    If our complaining on this forum DID get Ireland fired, id be terrified. No one has suggested that our complaints on here are going to accomplish anything. Just like this forum is used by some to soley praise everything that the Dolphins have every done, its also used to complain about the things that have justifiably made people upset. Most of us are loyal to the Miami Dolphins and not to the people who currently occupy the front office and are passionate for this teams success. We have found 4 losing seasons to be unacceptable and, for some of us(me at least), do not have the personality to just duck our heads and ignore reality in favor of ignorant(and by this point forced ignorance) bliss. Its just human nature.

    Can you please point me to a (Miami)poster who has hoped Ireland will fail this offseason? Expecting us to fail is not the same as cheering it on. I hope Miranda Kerr knocks on my door offering to pay me a million dollars to fill her with wine and see where the evening takes us, but my expectations on that happening are low. Many expected us to have a losing season (i believe your own prediction was a 7-9 year), surely your not suggesting that those expecting us to have a losing season were hoping we would have a losing season?

    This offseason is only exciting and eventful if we make good moves. We only make good moves depending on how good our general manager is. We could have $100 million and 27 draft picks, but none of that would matter if the guy who is making decisions is god awful. Some of us, while supporting the notion that this offseason is the most important in team history, just dont see how our 5 high draft picks are that much different then in 2008 and 2009 when we had 4 high draft picks....and we busted on those.

    2 intelligent, educated people can look at the same situation and come to two different conclusions. Its natural, and if the only thing we were allowed to do on this forum is heap lavish praise on anything Miami did at all, it would be hideously boring.


    Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,792
    vCash:
    13512
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Exactly, Ireland is the GM for the 2013 season that is not going to change. Bitching and moaning about him having the job is just annoying and pointless at this point. If you want to talk about his record or what he will do this upcoming offseason, fine, but to keep saying things like "Why is he the GM?", "Ireland needs to be fired", blah blah blah is not going to accomplish anything.

    As a Dolphins fan you should be HOPING and ROOTING for Ireland succeed during this upcoming free agency period and the draft. The ultimate goal for all of us Dolphins fans is to see the team get better, get back in the playoffs and eventually bring home the Lombardi Trophy. Hoping for the GM to fail is not what any of us should be doing. Sure you can come back at this post with "look at his record", "I have no faith in him" or whatever same lines you have been writing but that doesn't change the fact that Ireland will be signing players this March and drafting players in April. That is going to happen whether you or I like it. With that said, the BEST thing for this franchise is for Ireland to be successful this offseason because failure will likely mean a GM change at the end of the season and very possibly a head coaching change. We will be starting completely over again, that would not be good.

    This offseason is set up to be one of the most exciting and eventful offseasons for the Dolphins in a long time with $45+ million in cap space and 5 draft picks in the top 82. The money and picks are there to make a quick turnaround and be in the playoffs next season. With all this money and cap space, and the fact that we have our quarterback position settled makes me very excited for the future of this team. Go Dolphins!
    So I guess Chargers fans had no right to want AJ Smith fired or Detroit fans to want Matt Millen gone. They should have just been quiet and dealt with it because they were the GMs. I would like nothing more than for Ireland to knock this offseason out of the park. The problem is that he has shown absolutely nothing in the past that leads me to believe that it will actually happen. Until he does prove me wrong I'm going to keep complaining about the fact that he still has a job. The burden of proof is on him, not me.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,217
    vCash:
    131180
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    So I guess Chargers fans had no right to want AJ Smith fired or Detroit fans to want Matt Millen gone. They should have just been quiet and dealt with it because they were the GMs. I would like nothing more than for Ireland to knock this offseason out of the park. The problem is that he has shown absolutely nothing in the past that leads me to believe that it will actually happen. Until he does prove me wrong I'm going to keep complaining about the fact that he still has a job. The burden of proof is on him, not me.
    All I am saying is that people should bring more to the table than "Ireland sucks", "Ireland needs to be fired now", "How does Ireland still have a job?". For the most part everyone knows Ireland is not a popular figure among a lot of Dolphins fans, I think that has been beaten into our heads pretty good, wouldn't you agree? I would rather have an educated discussion about the Dolphins offseason and plans going forward than constantly reverting back to how much people hate Ireland and question how he still has a job. It is really just a rehash of the same garbage over and over again with no new substance. Now really isn't the time to talk about his job status, waste of time because it won't be addressed again until January of 2014, at the earliest.

    To be honest it usually is the same small group of posters that are polluting threads with the one liners and basically derail promising threads into a bitch and moan thread. I would like to have an educated conversation about Jake Long's looming free agency status without it turning into a Long Vs john beck debate. I would like to talk about Jared Odrick without it always being derailed about how the they could have taken Earl Thomas. Every thread doesn't need to have the one liners, it doesn't progress the discussion at all. herndonsr's post is a prime example of what I am talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by herndonsr View Post
    i cant believe he is still the gm ross must be the stupid in owner in the nfl wait and see how many people go to the game for not letting go of jeff i. he sucks and is on a mission to another maybe 8&8 season
    How is that really progressing the discussion? It doesn't it is just more of the same hate that derails numerous other threads. Has no substance. People who are still surprised that Ireland is employed for the 2013 season should just accept it and deal with it. If they are still shocked at this point that is on them, not me. So I really don't need to hear it from them over and over and over again. Bring something new to the discussion and add some substance instead of the annoying spam.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,238
    vCash:
    5603
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    All I am saying is that people should bring more to the table than "Ireland sucks", "Ireland needs to be fired now", "How does Ireland still have a job?". For the most part everyone knows Ireland is not a popular figure among a lot of Dolphins fans, I think that has been beaten into our heads pretty good, wouldn't you agree? I would rather have an educated discussion about the Dolphins offseason and plans going forward than constantly reverting back to how much people hate Ireland and question how he still has a job. It is really just a rehash of the same garbage over and over again with no new substance. Now really isn't the time to talk about his job status, waste of time because it won't be addressed again until January of 2014, at the earliest.

    To be honest it usually is the same small group of posters that are polluting threads with the one liners and basically derail promising threads into a bitch and moan thread. I would like to have an educated conversation about Jake Long's looming free agency status without it turning into a Long Vs john beck debate. I would like to talk about Jared Odrick without it always being derailed about how the they could have taken Earl Thomas. Every thread doesn't need to have the one liners, it doesn't progress the discussion at all. herndonsr's post is a prime example of what I am talking about.



    How is that really progressing the discussion? It doesn't it is just more of the same hate that derails numerous other threads. Has no substance. People who are still surprised that Ireland is employed for the 2013 season should just accept it and deal with it. If they are still shocked at this point that is on them, not me. So I really don't need to hear it from them over and over and over again. Bring something new to the discussion and add some substance instead of the annoying spam.
    Nublar7, your signature on the referenced post identifies you as "Finheaven Administrator". Can you clarify whether the opinions expressed in the referenced post are your personal opinions or the official opinions of Finheaven management?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    20,518
    vCash:
    31705
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Nublar7, your signature on the referenced post identifies you as "Finheaven Administrator". Can you clarify whether the opinions expressed in the referenced post are your personal opinions or the official opinions of Finheaven management?
    WTH?? Lol
    FIRE FAILBIN


    **If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,217
    vCash:
    131180
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Nublar7, your signature on the referenced post identifies you as "Finheaven Administrator". Can you clarify whether the opinions expressed in the referenced post are your personal opinions or the official opinions of Finheaven management?
    Huh? What are you talking about? I posted my thoughts, just because I am an Admin doesn't mean everything I think is what the "site" thinks. In fact, I am debating another FinHeaven staff member on the subject. I am not enforcing punishment on anyone for thinking differently than me. Come on dude.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,792
    vCash:
    13512
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Nublar7, your signature on the referenced post identifies you as "Finheaven Administrator". Can you clarify whether the opinions expressed in the referenced post are your personal opinions or the official opinions of Finheaven management?
    As I am a FH staff member and he and I disagree on this matter, I'd say your question is probably answered.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,792
    vCash:
    13512
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    All I am saying is that people should bring more to the table than "Ireland sucks", "Ireland needs to be fired now", "How does Ireland still have a job?". For the most part everyone knows Ireland is not a popular figure among a lot of Dolphins fans, I think that has been beaten into our heads pretty good, wouldn't you agree? I would rather have an educated discussion about the Dolphins offseason and plans going forward than constantly reverting back to how much people hate Ireland and question how he still has a job. It is really just a rehash of the same garbage over and over again with no new substance. Now really isn't the time to talk about his job status, waste of time because it won't be addressed again until January of 2014, at the earliest.

    To be honest it usually is the same small group of posters that are polluting threads with the one liners and basically derail promising threads into a bitch and moan thread. I would like to have an educated conversation about Jake Long's looming free agency status without it turning into a Long Vs john beck debate. I would like to talk about Jared Odrick without it always being derailed about how the they could have taken Earl Thomas. Every thread doesn't need to have the one liners, it doesn't progress the discussion at all. herndonsr's post is a prime example of what I am talking about.



    How is that really progressing the discussion? It doesn't it is just more of the same hate that derails numerous other threads. Has no substance. People who are still surprised that Ireland is employed for the 2013 season should just accept it and deal with it. If they are still shocked at this point that is on them, not me. So I really don't need to hear it from them over and over and over again. Bring something new to the discussion and add some substance instead of the annoying spam.
    That's very true, but the level of competence he has at his job directly influences every aspect of this offseason. It's absolutely relevant to all of it.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,238
    vCash:
    5603
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Huh? What are you talking about? I posted my thoughts, just because I am an Admin doesn't mean everything I think is what the "site" thinks. In fact, I am debating another FinHeaven staff member on the subject. I am not enforcing punishment on anyone for thinking differently than me. Come on dude.
    I am relatively new to posting here and have little if no understanding as to how the site is officially run. I read your statement in the referenced post to say that it is your wish that people who have made posts critical of Ireland's continued employment as general manager or critical of the Jake Long draft pick would stop posting. Since I have personally made posts of this type I am trying to understand whether my contributions to the discussions are welcome here by the owners of the site. I lurked in the background of this site as a reader for several years. I can easily return to that mode if the management of this site feels my contributions are harmful to the discussion or to the overall health of their prooduct.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    20,518
    vCash:
    31705
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Has Jeff Ireland learned from mistakes?

    Messageboards. Serious Business
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jeff Ireland
    By lkconch in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. Jeff Ireland's Biggest Mistakes is??
    By fisi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland's Biggest Mistakes is??
    By fisi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •