Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Legal Case for Drone Strikes on Americans

1. -41
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't drone me bro
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Plus it's a war crime.
    Do terrorists have any "war crimes" protections or are they covered under the Geneva Convention or whatever the updated protocols are?

If so that would be as much of a joke as terrorist leader Yassar Arafat getting a Nobel Peace Prize.

i'll give the rights of terrorists and their supporters/sympathizers some consideration right after we stop killing over 1,000,000 innocents here at home each year. If you're not going to complain about the lives of those who have never done anything wrong then it's just not right to worry about the rights of terrorists and their supporters.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Do terrorists have any "war crimes" protections or are they covered under the Geneva Convention or whatever the updated protocols are?

If so that would be as much of a joke as terrorist leader Yassar Arafat getting a Nobel Peace Prize.

i'll give the rights of terrorists and their supporters/sympathizers some consideration right after we stop killing over 1,000,000 innocents here at home each year. If you're not going to complain about the lives of those who have never done anything wrong then it's just not right to worry about the rights of terrorists and their supporters.
    Comparing the rights of terrorists to the rights of fetuses is like comparing the Horsehead Nebula to a jelly doughnut. I'm generally not in favor of abortion but let's try to keep this **** on topic, eh? Yeesh.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I guess it's only a tragedy when a child dies violently if the child is white and under 16

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Does he really think this will create friends?"

Nothing short of converting or submitting will make them our "friends". I'm not even convinced that would do it. We simply don't understand their culture or where their coming from. We keep expecting them to react and behave like we would in similar situations.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree...we don't need to be friends with people that hate us or are too cowardly to make change happen.

That said......how have we gotten to the point a POTUS can, by his judgement alone absent any factual evidence, act as judge jury and executioner to US citizens?
    I understand were waging a war against an army that doesnt follow rules of engagement, but there is a difference between killing someone on an open battlefield, and ordering an unmanned aircraft to bomb the **** out of an area he is in, killing everyone in the vicinity, regardless of nationality?

I used to be one of the bomb em all and let God sort em out......seeing children......not men....not soldiers.....CHILDREN, blown to bits by an unmanned drone, KNOWING a US soldier would more than likely have shown restraint and not killed innocents.....well, let me just say, i am a fan of drones, but not when theyre used like that. If its not worth a soldiers life, i dont know why in the hell we are there in any capacity. No vested national interest, no moral outrage that we would be allowed to solve.....GTFO
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post

I worry about a president who feels he has the power to kill Americans when ever he wants to and doesn't have to produce anything, not a shred of evidence or oversight. I worry about a president who bombs countries and people who had nothing to do with 9-11. Totally ignoring the sovereignty of these people's countries. I worry when our president doesn't follow things like the Geneva Convention and has no regard for simple things like WAR CRIMES. I worry when we don't have a moral leg to stand on when we point fingers and wage wars. I worry when our own government supports and arms the very jihadists and radicals they wage war with and excuse loss of liberties at home for our "safety" . If you can't see that the whole entire policy is FUBAR then I don't know what else to say. When we commit terrorist attacks and war crimes ourselves, while continuing the decline of liberties at home. It's a failed policy. Which is why the founders created the rule of law and constitution to prevent things like this.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote