Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
I doubt we'll see that day very soon. China is terrified of having North Korean refugees streaming over the border if the North Korean state were to collapse. And I don't blame them, because the North Koreans as a people are diseased, racist and totally ignorant of, well... everything. As a result, North Korea continually humiliates the Chinese and the Chinese just have to take it. Like, when the Chinese send in trains full of food and medical supplies, the Koreans don't just take the food, they also keep the trains. And they're basically free to be as belligerent on the world stage as they please, because the Chinese will stop any major UN effort to destabilize the government.
You have to wonder where that line is for China. They are as dependent on us as we are on them, so if push came to shave, would they really go to war with us over North Korea? If I was China, I'd weight the costs of the North Korean refugees vs the cost of war with the U.S. Perhaps the best course of action is to set up a barricade of some sort between North Korea and China and force them to go elsewhere. North Korea behaving this way is going to force China's hand at some point, though...