Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titus Young released

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    But Titus is still on a rookie deal, so what are we talking . . . 500K a year? Chances in the NFL are getting slimmer and slimmer and a guy like Titus could really rebrand himself by shaping up for a coach like Joe Philbin. I dunno, he wants to be a star and he has that opportunity to be that guy down here . . . worse comes to worse we cut him loose (depending on the ramifications). Hey I don't know the whole story with him, only what I've read, and it certainly isn't good, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to take a look.
    I didn't say it would be a bad aquisition, but knowing the kind of players Philbin wants, I just couldn't imagine Titus Young being one of them. I'm not sure Philbin would want a guy like that even if he were free. Its not the money, its the player.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    He has never sniffed a near 1000 yard season.

about 600 yards in year one and 300 yards in year two.

He has proven nothing and yet he cant shut up.

That sounds like a perfect Jests player,
    yeah..that was my bad. I could of sworn he had more yards and when i looked it up i accidently read career yards.......derp
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I would pick him up but on a short leash. Let him go through OTAs and such to gauge his attitude. If he isn't a model citizen, cut him. If he walks the straight and narrow we get a lot for a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    See I have no problem with this either. It beats sniffing around UDFA's for a diamond in the rough, because that definitely hasn't worked. If the risk is minimal, I'd definitely be taking a look.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didnt he intionally mess up plays because he wasnt getting the ball? He is T.O without an 1/8 of the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    yeah..that was my bad. I could of sworn he had more yards and when i looked it up i accidently read career yards.......derp
    No biggie.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Didnt he intionally mess up plays because he wasnt getting the ball? He is T.O without an 1/8 of the talent.

Yes he did:

"Young's implosion included acts of violence and insubordination that you don't often see, even in a rough-and-tumble industry. His primary and known offenses -- sucker punching safety Louis Delmas last spring and reportedly lining up in the wrong position intentionally last December -- are not just examples of immaturity. They are signs of a troubled soul who isn't equipped at this point in his life to function in the NFL's high-pressure world."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...s-such-a-waste
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin

i think there were reports that he would intentionally not only line up in the wrong place but also intentionally run the wrong routes so he would be nearer to where the ball was going to be thrown because he wanted to get more catches
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I didn't say it would be a bad aquisition, but knowing the kind of players Philbin wants, I just couldn't imagine Titus Young being one of them. I'm not sure Philbin would want a guy like that even if he were free. Its not the money, its the player.
    Wasn't really directing towards you, just using your quote as a reference point. I also agree with the type of player Joe Philbin wants.

The kid has been troubled since his high school days. I remember reading alot on him back in that draft because the Fins needs a speedy WR and he fit the bill about as good as any of them (we ended up with Clyde Gates). One thing stands out tho . . . he has hit low points in high school, college and the NFL . . . and he turned it around in high school and college, and maybe he turns it around here. I'm certainly not confident in that, but I just think if the risk is minimal I wouldn't mind giving him a shot to turn it around.

I do agree that as fans, we are probably barking up the wrong tree knowing who is calling the shots . . . but I wouldn't be upset with a "Dolphins sign Young" announcement either.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow, he sounds like a Joe Philbin man…

… NOT
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Instead of focusing on Titus Young, we should maybe be focusing on another Lion's player....there is a report by Detriot Lions beat writer Dave Birkett that says the Lions will release RG Stephen Peterman today. He started every game the last 3 years, ranked 14th by ProFootballFocus in 2012.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Patriots will sign that guy right away. They always sign the headcases. Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc.
    It kind of makes me wonder how Ricky Williams and Brandon Marshall got away from us.
    Last edited by MR NFLFAN; 02-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Quote