Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Providence Journal suggests Tom Brady has entered his "decline" phase

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Providence Journal suggests Tom Brady has entered his "decline" phase

Tom Brady - QB - Patriots

The Providence Journal suggests that Tom Brady has entered his decline phase going on age 36.

The only noticeable decline in games has been Brady's downfield passing ability, but there are stats that support this notion. Brady's 2012 completion rate was his lowest since 2006, and his YPA was his worst since 2008. In December, Brady completed only 58.5 percent with a 7.0 YPA and five interceptions. The Providence Journal suggests "reducing Brady's workload" -- lessening his pass attempts while leaning more on Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen.
    rotoworld.com

I posted a similar thread about this a few days ago. I said Brady and Manning are both coming to an end so we have to nail this offseason so we can be prepared for the next decade when they are both gone. People on here thought I was on drugs. No way Tom Brady is in his decline! He will play at a high level until he is in his mid 40's! Thats what you all said. And now beat writers close to the situation see it as well. He is in the decline phase of his career. And think about this. Joe Flacco went into Denver and beat Peyton Manning. He also went into New England and beat Tom Brady. No, not in regular season games, but in back to back playoff games. Would this have happened maybe 4-5 years ago? Both are on the decline.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not turning this into a Mark sanchez thread, I get it he was awful this year but 2 years ago mark Sanchez went into Indy and beat Peyton and the Colts then went into NE and beat Brady and the Pats in back to back playoff games so maybe not 4-5 years ago but 2 years ago.

Brady is getting older(obviously) and he is starting to decline but he's still a top 2-3 QB every year and should be for at least the next 3-5 years unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree, that's just sports writers doing what they do, recycle old, tired, cliches so it sounds like they know what they get paid to write about.

The problem with the Pats, is that Brady is a superstar, and it looks like the rest of the team just doesn't try as hard as he does. Maybe there is a 'schism' in the locker room.

He makes the throws, not like Marino in his decline. The ball has velocity and is very accurate, the WR's just don't make the clutch plays. Welker dropped a couple of passes that would have made the difference in that game. All year long their other WR, Lloyd has been almost 50/50% with his catches and drops as well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unfortunate is right! Hopefully, he digresses quickly or better yet has had enough and decides to retire early. That would be my ideal dream!
    Just win.... please!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Go DOLPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good. Now Ross/Ireland should have no more excuses.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He doesn't throw picks still, so that sucks for us. Kurt Warner was a stud til the day he retired, so if Brady can play at a high level even as he gets older i wouldn't be surprised
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    He was a different QB with Gronk in the line up. Without him he had Hernandez and his RBs to throw to and an overrated Welker and a crappy Lloyd. The offensive talent just wasn't there this year. I am more worried that the Patriots will reload with skill position talent this year and he will be back to the best QB in the league.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's in decline all right-- 63% completion percentage, 4827 yards, 34 touchdowns to 8 interceptions, and a 98.7 QB rating.

Sure wish a Dolphins QB could decline like that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's missing more things than he ever used to...i totally agree his play is showing signs...but they're small ones...

in 2 years we'll have the best qb in the division...yeah i said it...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lebatard suggested this last season, brady can't drop the dimes he once used to as consistently, but thats just a testament to how good he is

"Dwade is declining" doesn't mean he's not good anymore, still can be a top 10 player while considering a decline

Usually taken in the wrong context when people say decline

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote