Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have at 2b: Wheaton, Goodwin, or Austin?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    I don't think Austin will be around. I think Markus Wheaton is the next Mike Wallace. Unbelievable speed with a lack of physicallity. So he'd be my pick.
    As the week went on he started to be more physical and he showed he can get off press which was my biggest concern with him. He's got short area quickness and can get separation off the line and I think he's already a better route runner than Wallace. I would definitely take Wheaton over the other two.

Goodwin is a lot of speed but still pretty raw. I think he'll be primarily a slot receiver and special teams return man. He's one of those guys where you just need to get the ball in his hands quickly so he can let his athletic ability do the rest. Austin is pretty much the same way but not as raw.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Markus Wheaton. Tavon Austin is tempting but I have more certainty that Wheaton will produce at the next level.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel pretty good overall in this Draft about Cordarrelle Patterson, Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton, Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton. It's just disturbing to know that reality says at least two of those guys will not amount to much. Kind of a Russian Roulette feel to it. But I guess that's the chance you take.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ha ha thought it was 2a of which i'd say none of the above...but at 2b i'd be ok with wheaton...goodwin shouldn't be in this conversation with a pick that high
    Last edited by hooshoops; 02-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wheaton all the way. I admit I don't know much about goodwin though.

I think Austin is fhe most overhyped player in the draft outside of ansah.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think what's happening with wheaton while fully acknowledging that i expected him to go to the senior bowl and raise his stock which there's no question he did is people are getting a little overboard with this round 1 talk here...i think it's pretty natural to get a little overexcited about a guy who quite frankly made everyone else on his north squad roster at the position look like mince meat...no one else really showed much outside of dobson who showed like a mid round value prospect...the mellette kid shouldn't have been there quite frankly he looked so poor chris harper couldn't separate from safeties let alone corners just not much to get excited about...but wheaton also struggled at the stem of his route to get off physical coverage and lost physically down the field...and i think the santonio holmes comparisons are a bit off...holmes is rediculously explosive in his cuts runs the best quick slant in football wins all the time when he crosses a dbs face on inside quick hitters i don't quite see the same consistent win with wheaton in that regard...and i don't think he possesses the same level blow the top off the defense run by bailing corners and eat up db cushion speed that mike wallace has either... is he as explosive as desean jackson...ehhh

when you start talking about jumping a guys value 2 rounds almost off an all star setting i think you get yourself in trouble...2nd half of round 2 i can see but latter half of round 1 is a bit rich...given the depth of the underclassmen talent at the position
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see two guys going 1st round at WR and that's Allen and Patterson. I do think Wheaton helped himself enough to move into the 2nd round from the Senior Bowl but there's also a bit of a logjam in the 2nd round with receivers. There's going to be all flavors there and I'd be happy with a combination of Patton and Bailey. Still not sure where either of them end up, I keep going back-and-forth on 2nd or 3rd round for both of those guys but I think both would be excellent fits for this offense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think what's happening with wheaton while fully acknowledging that i expected him to go to the senior bowl and raise his stock which there's no question he did is people are getting a little overboard with this round 1 talk here...i think it's pretty natural to get a little overexcited about a guy who quite frankly made everyone else on his north squad roster at the position look like mince meat...no one else really showed much outside of dobson who showed like a mid round value prospect...the mellette kid shouldn't have been there quite frankly he looked so poor chris harper couldn't separate from safeties let alone corners just not much to get excited about...but wheaton also struggled at the stem of his route to get off physical coverage and lost physically down the field...and i think the santonio holmes comparisons are a bit off...holmes is rediculously explosive in his cuts runs the best quick slant in football wins all the time when he crosses a dbs face on inside quick hitters i don't quite see the same consistent win with wheaton in that regard...and i don't think he possesses the same level blow the top off the defense run by bailing corners and eat up db cushion speed that mike wallace has either... is he as explosive as desean jackson...ehhh

when you start talking about jumping a guys value 2 rounds almost off an all star setting i think you get yourself in trouble...2nd half of round 2 i can see but latter half of round 1 is a bit rich...given the depth of the underclassmen talent at the position
    I already had Wheaton as a mid-2nd going into the week - not where I thought he would go, but where I thought he should go. I don't think you can - with any consistency - cover him 1-on-1. He's a lot like a stronger D. Jackson as a player. As a person, he seems to have his head in the right place.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I already had Wheaton as a mid-2nd going into the week - not where I thought he would go, but where I thought he should go. I don't think you can - with any consistency - cover him 1-on-1. He's a lot like a stronger D. Jackson as a player. As a person, he seems to have his head in the right place.
    yeah but you also got a log jam of underclassmen wr who teams are gonna love on tape...and i think you are gonna see a run on those kids if they run like i expect them to and test like i think they will...and you have patton who while not uberexplosive has serious polish and shows the ability to win in the red zone off the los...amongst all the other upper classmen

i expect guys like woods and patton and bailey and probably hunter on the upside plus patterson and allen to all go before wheaton...bailey wins on tape with those feet all the time...all over the field...woods has polish gms will love and i bet he runs in the 4.4's hunters gonna have people drooling over the upside and allens the most polished big body wr in the class...

and you never know someone may like williams or hopkins...it only takes one team...i wouldn't prefer either of them over wheaton but i could see them both going before him...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like woods-polished
    wheaton-fast w/ get off
    bailey-stud w/ tude
    ryan swope-football player
    chris harper-way overlooked,size, speed, i beleive he will transition to the pros nicely
    arron dobson
    patton-was checking him out early
    Hopkins- I could get to like him especially if he falls to 42

im scared of tennesee wr's.patterson is raw catching ball/routes.great in return game/open field
    Quote Quote