Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: With Milliner not getting pass TEN. If Banks and Patterson are there at #12?

1. -31
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I'd like to see us trade back and get a 6th pick in the top 100. Double up on WR , CB and pass rusher. Ireland is about 50% at picking players so this way we at least get 3 solid contributors if the odds stay the same .Then get some hogs in the later rounds.

Of course free agents could change this strategy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    old-timer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My first thought was if Millner were to fall that far why not trade up to 9 and take him? I would assume that means changing places in the first and giving up a 2nd or perhaps less. I know the Dolphins have many needs but Millner seems like a great playmaker. Apparantly this is not a popular option based on responses thus far. Picking #12 doesn't seem like a great positionthis year to me so I would also be receptive to trading down.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I should know. I've been there.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan4life1 View Post
    Patterson! Playmaker! Period
    patterson end around return guy
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am probably alone in this but I try and trade down a few spots and get Eifert or if no one wants to trade I just pick him there. Sure, its too high for a TE, but he's good man.

I think an awesome TE will help RT even more than a rookie WR. We can get a rookie WR in the later rounds or get a vet via FA. A prime TE like Eifert is too good to pass up.

I am tired of mediocre to non-existant TE play. This kid is huge at 6-6, he can catch and he can block. He is what Fasano dreams about being.

Maybe I change my mind the closer we get to the draft after seeing his numbers at the combine (if he goes) but right now, I get Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    patterson is julio jones huh...well then he better come in at 6 ft 4 and 230 lbs and run a 4.38

none of which will happen...
    Thank You!

And would people realize he seemed to score while running end arounds and on returns. Which is more difficult to do in the pros. Think Ted Ginn, not in size but in where he made his plays in college from.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    I am probably alone in this but I try and trade down a few spots and get Eifert or if no one wants to trade I just pick him there. Sure, its too high for a TE, but he's good man.

I think an awesome TE will help RT even more than a rookie WR. We can get a rookie WR in the later rounds or get a vet via FA. A prime TE like Eifert is too good to pass up.

I am tired of mediocre to non-existant TE play. This kid is huge at 6-6, he can catch and he can block. He is what Fasano dreams about being.

Maybe I change my mind the closer we get to the draft after seeing his numbers at the combine (if he goes) but right now, I get Eifert.
    Why would we waste a pick on a position that we will have a number of good TEs available in FA in? TE will not be a need come draft day. Bank on it. Milliner or Patterson.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking over early on I'm starting to think that Milliner may indeed potentially slip to us at 12 and even Patterson being taken before us.
    Potential Mock Draft of first 12 picks:

1) KC: (Demontre Moore)-I see Andy Reid acquiring Alex Smith before the draft as KC has a playoff ready roster so they need a veteran QB, not a rookie
    2) JAX: (Jarvis Jones)-draft's 2nd best pass rusher
    3) OAK: (Star Lotutelei)-losing both starting DTs
    4) PHI: (Geno Smith)-Chip wants his own QB and he likes running types
    5) DET: (Luke Joeckel)-Backus is 35 and they will not re-sign Cherilus
    6) CLE: ( Bjoern Werner)-draft's 3rd best pass rusher
    7) ARI: (Eric Fisher)-I see them staying with Kolb and protecting him
    8) BUF: (Matt Barkley)-they need a QB
    9) NYJ: (Cordarrelle Patterson)-draft's best offensive playmaker
    10) TEN: (Chance Warmack)-draft's best interior lineman
    11) SD: (Lane Johnson)-need a new LT
    12) MIA: (Dee Milliner)-need a starting CB and expect us to sign Greg Jennings and draft 2 more WRs in the 2nd round

I hope the Jets pass on Patterson though as I'd even pass on Milliner for Patterson actually. Which would be strategic too. Because it would push down another DB like Xavier Rhodes, Trufant, Vaccarro, Elam, or Banks to either the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2ns making one of them easier to trade up for and still keep one of our two 2nd rounders for Wheaton, Austin, or Goodwin.
    Last edited by MrEd; 02-08-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    many people have banks falling to the second round or late first. with that said. patterson all day
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    Swope in the late 4th would be amazing. FA your big No. 1 WR...and BPA!
    THIS IS NOT ENOUGH, especially if Jennings is the FA.

Jennings and Swope only and we are 6-10 or 7-9 again. We have absolutely GOT to have a vertical, home run, "X" receiver. And if anyone says "West oast Offense", I will say CHANGE the OFFENSE. Dink-and-dunk does not get it dome in this league.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a good question. Personally, I'd go with Patterson. I think he has the ability to be elite even though he might take longer to develop than Banks. Banks makes a lot of sense as a physical, productive player in the SEC. He's good, but I'm not sure he gets to the elite level. I think the best CB, with the ball in the air, is Desmond Trufant. Not the physical player in run support, though.
    Quote Quote