Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: With Milliner not getting pass TEN. If Banks and Patterson are there at #12?

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Assuming we resign Jake Long, this is a valid question. But, if we don't resign Jake Long, I highly doubt we bring in another high priced FA to play LT, and I'm convinced that Martin will not be ready for that jump in 2013. So, I think that means we would draft either Fisher or Johnson to play LT ... either of which could be good picks at that spot, and definitely would fill a position of absolute need.

Hopefully we can resign Long at a reasonable number. If we do, then I say our next priority would be to see if any highly graded pass rushers fall to us. The plethora of NT/DT types and the ever-present overdrafting of QB's will definitely push some talented players down. With the large amount of talented but questionable pass rushers in this draft, we may well have a gem fall to us. So, once again, either OL or DL figure prominently.

But, between Banks and Patterson, my hope is for Patterson. I don't see any CB's in this draft worthy of the #12 pick personally, Milliner included. If Patterson were a polished WR, he'd go in the top 5. At 12 he's a risk/reward pick with a huge upside, a solid work ethic and no majorly scary off the field baggage. Banks will be a good NFL CB, but I don't see him being a star, nor do I see him having the same type of ceiling that Patterson has. If we're going for solid, dependable good player at 12, I'd rather have Eifert than Banks. I don't think either Eifert or Banks is worth the #12 pick. I could be talked into trading down if we were dead set on Eifert though.

Look at what Atlanta did. They drafted their QB, paired him with a veteran WR who helped him adjust. Then they made a bold statement to get him a great young WR to build together. Washington did the same thing with RGIII. Santana Moss was the veteran, Garcon is the budding star. Miami needs to do the same thing ... and I think Philbin has stressed that to Ireland. If I had to guess, I'd say that Jennings will be our veteran and we'll draft 2 good young WR's to groom under him ... perhaps Patterson in round 1 and Swope in round 3?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Why would we waste a pick on a position that we will have a number of good TEs available in FA in? TE will not be a need come draft day. Bank on it. Milliner or Patterson.
    The TEs available are FAs you say? Need I remind you that Ireland is the GM? You are 'banking' on a man who has neglected that position for YEARS, just leaving Fasano there along with flyers he's taken in, to go out and spend big time money on that position. Good Luck with that unless one of those guys, that are only slightly better than Fasano, accept a low ball offer. Don't forget that we have Egnew (who has been kept around around like Jerry) and Clay (who I am sure he see's big potential in still) so if anything you can fully expect Ireland to possibly bank on those guys to mature and hence, nothing gets done.

I've seen this movie before the last 3-4 years and its boring.

Overall, if Eifert lives up to be a Gonzalez, Davis or Gronk type, give me him over a WR that I can find in any draft, or FA, any day.

Medicore and 'good' TEs are always available. Exceptional TEs are not.

Granted, we are talking about college kids and their pro lives have yet to be determined.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    The TEs available are FAs you say? Need I remind you that Ireland is the GM? You are 'banking' on a man who has neglected that position for YEARS, just leaving Fasano there along with flyers he's taken in, to go out and spend big time money on that position. Good Luck with that unless one of those guys, that are only slightly better than Fasano, accept a low ball offer. Don't forget that we have Egnew (who has been kept around around like Jerry) and Clay (who I am sure he see's big potential in still) so if anything you can fully expect Ireland to possibly bank on those guys to mature and hence, nothing gets done.

I've seen this movie before the last 3-4 years and its boring.

Overall, if Eifert lives up to be a Gonzalez, Davis or Gronk type, give me him over a WR that I can find in any draft, or FA, any day.

Medicore and 'good' TEs are always available. Exceptional TEs are not.

Granted, we are talking about college kids and their pro lives have yet to be determined.
    By your argument then you are supporting that Ireland will not draft a TE then...
    Quote Quote