Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Jonathan Martin Is Not An NFL Starting Caliber OT

  1. -41
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    24,552
    vCash:
    23598
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Perhaps you should dispense with premature and emphatic statements and actually study NFL history. Your idiotic post suggests that no rookie in NFL history has ever been able to develop his game. Your post suggests that what a player does his rookie yr, reflects the rest of his career. Drew Brees would probably disagree with you, because he looked completely clueless his rookie yr.
    Posts, you mean. 99% of the OPs posts are thus bad.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Dolphins91's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    163
    vCash:
    1160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know who else was probably rated horribly his rookie season; Paul Solai. And he just pissed on your logic.

    Players develop. It happens all the time.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,937
    vCash:
    6363
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    Man the manure is deep on this site.

    Struggled a little you say???????

    Oh he'll get it together?????

    And then you accuse me of being subjective.

    Fact is he finished the year ranked in the seventies amongst NFL tackles. That means several backup OT's who saw significant playing time played better than him.

    If he had finished anywhere in the top 64 I'd be inclined to share some optimism, but he didn't. Martin is just plain awful. He can't pass protect on the outside and he isn't a powerful run blocker.

    Best case scenario IMO is that he is moved to OG and eventually get's stronger.

    I used to post the same kind of realistic posts about Chad Henne and I got the same kind of absurd reactions.

    I'm not anti team. I'm just saying that all the confidence being displayed on this site is really unfounded.

    The Dolphins are anything but set at OT. This team may need to add 3 OT's this offseason if it actually wants to be solid at the position.

    Yeatman,Adams, and McDonald are all late round or undraffted guys who are untested.

    The Dolphins might not have any starting caliber or even backup caliber OT's on their roster, although I like Jeff Adams' potential.

    The situation is pathetic.

    I saw that nobody was able to offer any suggestions on what make the situation better.

    Cowards!
    BRO !!!!!!! Martin was only a junior , he came out really 2 years early , and he played 2 diff poss in the NFL , LT and RT , imo Martin WILL BECOME A VERY VERY GOOD OT in the NFL and not if , but when he dose , he will atleast be a top 15 , if not top 10 OT in the NFL. BECAUSE from what i saw from Martin there where just a few players that he couldnt handle , and he was a junior ? come on bro .

    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Andyman's Avatar
    Canadian Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    705
    vCash:
    2010
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    Man the manure is deep on this site.

    Struggled a little you say???????

    Oh he'll get it together?????

    And then you accuse me of being subjective.

    Fact is he finished the year ranked in the seventies amongst NFL tackles. That means several backup OT's who saw significant playing time played better than him.

    If he had finished anywhere in the top 64 I'd be inclined to share some optimism, but he didn't. Martin is just plain awful. He can't pass protect on the outside and he isn't a powerful run blocker.

    Best case scenario IMO is that he is moved to OG and eventually get's stronger.

    I used to post the same kind of realistic posts about Chad Henne and I got the same kind of absurd reactions.

    I'm not anti team. I'm just saying that all the confidence being displayed on this site is really unfounded.

    The Dolphins are anything but set at OT. This team may need to add 3 OT's this offseason if it actually wants to be solid at the position.

    Yeatman,Adams, and McDonald are all late round or undraffted guys who are untested.

    The Dolphins might not have any starting caliber or even backup caliber OT's on their roster, although I like Jeff Adams' potential.

    The situation is pathetic.

    I saw that nobody was able to offer any suggestions on what make the situation better.

    Cowards!
    Your 'ranking' is based on a subjective opinion from a website. Some of us watch the games and recognize he was a rookie who had to learn a new position for the bulk of the year.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Awsi Dooger's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,390
    vCash:
    8906
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Martin will give you everything he has. Feet aren't terrible. Obviously a smart guy.

    But on the NFL level he looks like a 7-9 player. That's the inescapable conclusion. Loses balance frequently. Not naturally strong. Handful of truly disastrous plays when he steps up in class. His college coach wasn't effusive in praise.

    The idea was to trend in the other direction, to finally sprinkle the roster with great players here or there. Martin seems like more of the same.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    EvilDylan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    2,818
    vCash:
    5670
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Martin will give you everything he has. Feet aren't terrible. Obviously a smart guy.

    But on the NFL level he looks like a 7-9 player. That's the inescapable conclusion. Loses balance frequently. Not naturally strong. Handful of truly disastrous plays when he steps up in class. His college coach wasn't effusive in praise.

    The idea was to trend in the other direction, to finally sprinkle the roster with great players here or there. Martin seems like more of the same.
    LOL @ this logic.

    Give up after a rookie season.

    Pathetic.

    Elliott, shutup.

    Warn me IDGAF!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    16
    vCash:
    1035
    Loc:
    Hollister, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to give this kid some time to turn his boyish body to an NFL starting lineman. He is definitely soft around the edges but give him an off season of NFL conditioning and he could turn into a stud right before our eyes. The footwork and mechanics are there. He just lacks upper body strength which could be improved upon with good weight training.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    67Stang's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    6,181
    vCash:
    2843
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long as a rookie was night and day better.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    Smith21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    1,746
    vCash:
    1574
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Jake Long as a rookie was night and day better.
    thats true first over all, the guy drafted ahead of Matt Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1551
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Jonathan Martin Is Not An NFL Starting Caliber OT

    A- Martin was a rookie who held his own according to my eye ball test..dating back to Stanford.

    B- He has the frame.

    C- He certainly has the brains.

    D- Ireland might have issues identifying and pulling the trigger for playmakers at skill positions, but i more than trust his eye for big men.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jonathan Martin
    By PolitePolite in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
  2. Jonathan Martin sucks.
    By lbsfinest in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
  3. jonathan martin
    By MarshallFin1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM
  4. Why isn't Jonathan Martin further along?
    By Fin Thirteen in forum SPAM
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM
  5. Finally a real starting caliber QB
    By dlockz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 06:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •