Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm surprised how many people want to see Reggie walk. He wasn't used correctly and is arguably the only offensive playmaker on our team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    Really? How many of our free agents would start on Baltimore or San Fran ? Replacing mediocre talent is a pretty simple task.
    Long, Starks could start, while Bush, Hartline, Fasano, and YES even Sean would each get a significant amount of playing time on this years Superbowl winning team. So yes, let's get rid of all of them, good idea.

Have plenty of things to do in
    the off-season, but have to work in
    January during that pesky post-season, not
    a problem if you have the right QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    You mean those same players that have amounted to nothing but 7 win average the past 4 seasons? Right, I think we got the gist of what they're going to be - mediocre, no matter who the coach is.
    So you evaluate how good a player is by how well the entire team does, and not individually? Hmm, how do you think the 49ers would have done, if they decided the players were not that good because the 49ers continued to look mediocre before Harbough came to town, or the Seahawks before this year they just added talent to compliment what they had, not get rid of everyone that was up for a new contract.....that would be a very incompetent GM move.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Only player worth bringing back in Reggie, he's our only playmaker. If everyone left I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Hartline wouldn't have seen a down for the 49ers or the Ravens if he played for them.
    Oh yea, Crabtree and his continued drops at the wrong moment would have been too much for Hartline to beatout. Hartline would have easily cracked the team as their 3rd or maybe 4th (in the Ravens case), and would have played a good amount.

Hartline is not a #1 receiver, but he can be a good #2, or very good #3.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    So you evaluate how good a player is by how well the entire team does, and not individually? Hmm, how do you think the 49ers would have done, if they decided the players were not that good because the 49ers continued to look mediocre before Harbough came to town, or the Seahawks before this year they just added talent to compliment what they had, not get rid of everyone that was up for a new contract.....that would be a very incompetent GM move.

Oh yea, Crabtree and his continued drops at the wrong moment would have been too much for Hartline to beatout. Hartline would have easily cracked the team as their 3rd or maybe 4th (in the Ravens case), and would have played a good amount.

Hartline is not a #1 receiver, but he can be a good #2, or very good #3.
    You don't give a # 3 WR 6 million. Hartline better than Crabtree? LOL
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    You don't give a # 3 WR 6 million. Hartline better than Crabtree? LOL
    Who said anything about Hartline being better than Crabree?And if you think that Hartline wouldn't surpass Moss at this stage in his career ,your kidding yourself.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The idea is keep your decent/good players, while using your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to turn the weaker units on your team into strengths. Not by creating more holes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Starks. It would not shock me in the slightest to see Seattle sign him if Miami doesn't.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I voted Fasano for multiple reasons.
    First I am big on resigning players who stay healthy, second if it is a position of need, 3rd talent level and fourth affordability. Starks would have been my first choice except that we have more talent on the DL position than the TE position and he would cost more to resign because he plays at a premium position. Hartline would be 3rd because he has ended up missing games hurt the 2 seasons prior to last year and I am not conviced of his talent, 4th would be Bush because of his talent and affordabilty, 5th Smith based strictly on need at CB, 6th Clemons based on affordability and last Jake Long because of his talent level if healthy and position
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I voted Chris Clemons. I think he played better last year than previous years and he stayed healthy all 16 games. I also think he will come cheap and won't create more holes in our already spotty secondary. I would also sign bush and hartline if the price was right. No way is Hartline worth more than 5 mil a year and even then that's a gamble. Bush is a playmaker if used correctly but I'm pretty excited for the prospect of Miller, so if he doesn't come cheap then let him walk. Hell starks would be a good re-signing as well but he will be 30 years old by the end of the year so once again it all boils down to that contract.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hartline,starks,bush, smith yes all of them
    Quote Quote