Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    You mean those same players that have amounted to nothing but 7 win average the past 4 seasons? Right, I think we got the gist of what they're going to be - mediocre, no matter who the coach is.

Only player worth bringing back in Reggie, he's our only playmaker. If everyone left I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Hartline wouldn't have seen a down for the 49ers or the Ravens if he played for them.
    thats a pretty bold statement to say about Hartline.i have to wonder if you watched him play last year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

Uh I have not missed a game since the early1990's and am an avid Ohio State fan so, yeah, I've seen Hartline trip over his feet enough to know he needs replaced.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    You don't give a # 3 WR 6 million. Hartline better than Crabtree? LOL

Never said, give the players the amount they want, but at least make them an offer that you believe they are worth, if they decline, then fine, take care, but don't just let players that were effective for you, or have talent, go without an offer.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    Uh I have not missed a game since the early1990's and am an avid Ohio State fan so, yeah, I've seen Hartline trip over his feet enough to know he needs replaced.
    Hartline was not the receiver at Ohio state he is now with Miami.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a tough call.

Sean Smith is not a good CB to have. Simply because a Corner who never gets Interceptions is a terrible Corner in my opinion. Defenses NEED to be able to get turnovers if you want to win a Super Bowl. So even though Smith is a decent coverage CB, I don't really want him back at a higher salary.

Jake Long wants to get overpaid. But, I think, he is the most valuable Dolphins free agent we have this year. Our O-Line will be a lot worse without him. We need Long back.

Bush, I guess, is replaceable. Miller is going to be special, and we have other cheaper options.

Hartline... I love him and want to keep him, but at $3 mil a year, I would be willing to go as high as $4 mil tops.... but not $6.

can't remember all the other FA's we got.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    It's a tough call.

Sean Smith is not a good CB to have. Simply because a Corner who never gets Interceptions is a terrible Corner in my opinion. Defenses NEED to be able to get turnovers if you want to win a Super Bowl. So even though Smith is a decent coverage CB, I don't really want him back at a higher salary.

Jake Long wants to get overpaid. But, I think, he is the most valuable Dolphins free agent we have this year. Our O-Line will be a lot worse without him. We need Long back.

Bush, I guess, is replaceable. Miller is going to be special, and we have other cheaper options.

Hartline... I love him and want to keep him, but at $3 mil a year, I would be willing to go as high as $4 mil tops.... but not $6.

Agree 100% with everything you said.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting poll: What one of our OWN free agents do you MOST want back??

I voted for Hartline, but it was a very hard decision between Starks and Hartline. No one else was considered by me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I know its an unpopular opinion around here, but I'd take Jake Long if we are just talking about the player and not the pricetag.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    It's a tough call.

ditto.
    -

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan0120 View Post
    I'm surprised how many people want to see Reggie walk. He wasn't used correctly and is arguably the only offensive playmaker on our team.
    You have to handicap the audience. This is a specialized poll amongst rabid fans. A high percentage of them didn't want Reggie in the first place, convinced he was nothing but a dime a dozen scatback. That was conventonal wisdom at the time among the happy 40% adjustment crowd. Two years later they stubbornly refuse to let go so there's no way they'll identify Reggie in this poll. He's not starting at 100% possibility.

I would absolutely peg Reggie. For sheer entertainment value. Our over/under will be 8. The overwhelming likelihood is we're not going anywhere. So I might as well be humored. Whenever Reggie stutter steps you can sense the instant animosity, all the cursing and tossed items. The certainty that another back would have turned that stone wall into 10 yards. Absolutely priceless.
    Quote Quote