Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: With Milliner not getting pass TEN. If Banks and Patterson are there at #12?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

With Milliner not getting pass TEN. If Banks and Patterson are there at #12?

With Milliner not getting pass TEN and Jonathan Banks and Cordarelle Patterson staring us in the face at #12, who should we take?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patterson, sign Jennings in FA, let Hartline walk and draft a burner later on. WR is set as follows:

Jennings
    Patterson
    Bess
    Matthews
    Draft Pick
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, it's soooo early in the process. Until Free Agency settles down, we have no idea which direction we will go in the draft.

Bottom line: We need palymakers!

For a while I was on board with taking an OT at 12 (if we lose Long). But then I started thinking about why this team isn't explosive. Drafting OL in the 1st round is one reason why.

For me, as it stands, one of the most important positions going into this draft is DE. We MUST get more pressure on the QB. If we did, it would make fixing the secondary sooo much easier.

Whomever we get at 12 must be an immediate contributor. As much as I love what I've seen of Patterson, he is just too raw. We need a WR who knows how to run routes and can get separation. Not sure Patterson is that guy. The good news is: this draft is loaded with WRs that fit the WCO. So there will be options later in the draft to fill those needs.

This is gonna be a fun offseason. I think with Ireland's a$$ on the fire, we may see some moves that we have not seen in a long time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In this case we should trade down even if Banks is available; and if we can't trade down we should draft Lane Johnson because Fisher and Joeckel will be long gone.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patterson! Playmaker! Period
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin View Post
    Dude, it's soooo early in the process. Until Free Agency settles down, we have no idea which direction we will go in the draft.

Bottom line: We need palymakers!

For a while I was on board with taking an OT at 12 (if we lose Long). But then I started thinking about why this team isn't explosive. Drafting OL in the 1st round is one reason why.

For me, as it stands, one of the most important positions going into this draft is DE. We MUST get more pressure on the QB. If we did, it would make fixing the secondary sooo much easier.

Whomever we get at 12 must be an immediate contributor. As much as I love what I've seen of Patterson, he is just too raw. We need a WR who knows how to run routes and can get separation. Not sure Patterson is that guy. The good news is: this draft is loaded with WRs that fit the WCO. So there will be options later in the draft to fill those needs.

This is gonna be a fun offseason. I think with Ireland's a$$ on the fire, we may see some moves that we have not seen in a long time.
    You realize that we where 'top five in sacks last year right.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dade View Post
    You realize that we where 'top five in sacks last year right.
    Against a group of subpar QB's . . . we need another pass rusher, in today's NFL, you always continue to improve your group of pass rushers and Miami could use another.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    on this question, at its asked, this is easy.

we need CB and WR in the worst way. so, you have to ask, who is better player? is BANKS a better cb than PATTERSION is a wr? or vise versa.

if you look at one and say this guy is a future pro bowler for sure and the other you say he is real good, could be something than you have your answer and what the SMART gm should, would do.

take the player between the two you think will make the biggest impact in the least amount of time!! remember, we need BOTH in the worst way and i say, all things being equal come time to select at #12, if both players are sure fire worth the #12 spot, than we need to take the SHUT DOWN, BALL HAWK CB! and thats IF banks is both of those as thats what we need in our secondary, not another body to shove in the rotation, close your eyes, plug your nose and jump in hope he pans out type, but, A BONAFIDE SHUT DOWN CORNER! if banks is that then we should grab him without a second thought as SEAN SMITH is the BIGGEST LIABILITY ON THIS TEAM, OFFENSE OR DEFENCE!! he cost us more games [both corners bad, but smith making the money he makes SHOULD get him the boot first] than any other position and is NOT an nfl shut down, ball hawk cb. and he shouldnt be paid like one. and i dont want bodies hanging around. he is a liability and we dont need to spend ANY money on a guy we know isnt the real deal. its time to REBUILD this secondary and outside of RESHAD JONES, they can all go, they can be replaced and should be.

we need POINTS ON THE BOARD, no doubt. and i dont care how fast the guy is, the question is CAN HE FIND THE ENDZONE ON A REGULAR BASIS!!! thats what were missing. what good is a 3.1 cb if he can never score? you get a guy who is a sure threat to get in the endzone [see anquan boldin] and watch brian hartline go to the probowl as his game will open up. for those of who think hartline should be gone, go back this year on tivo and see how many times TANNY missed him for sure fire TD's!! i counted 6 for sure td's, a likely 3 others and a dozen missed big plays that were over/under thrown to BH. if even HALF of those plays would have been made by TANNY, no one is talking about BH leaving. and throw in the fact that he was CLEARLY the dolphins biggest threat at wr, the good defenses were taking him out with extra coverages knowing our other wr's are EASILY single covered.

so, is PATTERSON a sure fire, cant single cover him, endzone finder? if a person/gm can say that, without a doubt, THEN he is in the mix at #12. we had a CRAP load of endzone talent at wr and te in the marino years but our cb's were absolute junk!! if a finz wr scored, the other team would answer right back, we just couldnt stop the points onslaught we were getting due to our bad corners. just like now. so again, ALL things being equal, with the way this team is now, i take the CORNER, if HE IS A BALL HAWK, SHUT DOWN CORNER. i havnt made up my mind about that yet.

and f/a IS a factor. all things being equal if banks and patterson are considered for that spot by ireland, if we grab our wr in f/a than we choose the CB for sure. if we somehow get our cb in f/a, or two [as I hope], then we go wr with patterson.

now, again, i am addressing the question as it was asked. the other variables like ireland even considering either one of those guys, or, if neither is deemed worthy of the #12 pick, or both are addressed in f/a, then what. we shall see.

the ireland factor is the biggest question mark in all this.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I had Banks but Patterson is this years Julio Jones.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FA- take one of the big 3 WRs
    Draft
    1. Best pass rusher on the board
    2. Best CB on board
    2. Best TE on board
    3. BPA-prolly O-line, WR, LB