Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Nazi Germany/Modern-Day America

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United States
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    For those looking for the cliffnotes version: Obama is the next Hitler because he prosecutes those who technically break the law and he blames Republicans for filibusters.
    How many of the articles that I posted did you read? How many youtube clips did you watch?
    Do you believe that laws like the Patriot Act, NDAA, The National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order, and H.R. 347 are dangerous? Do you believe that those laws could eventually lead to tyranny. Those are lloaded questions, I know, but there is only one logical answer.

Assertions aside, from the links I have posted, what do you believe to be inaccurate?

Oh, and Stalin, the Gestapo, and Martial Law are brought up while also attempting to indirectly link Factcheck.org to Obama.
    Is this a valid statement?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Even assuming that there is no connection between Factcheck.org and Obama, their answer to the "Obama's private army" question doesn't touch on what the law can do, only on what the law was intended to do. The intention of any given law only holds so much weight. The important thing is how the law can be interpreted by whoever is in power. I'd like to see multiple law experts go on record saying that this particular section of the Healthcare Bill can't be used to create a militia.
    Do you believe the intent behind any given law is more important than the way in which it can be interpreted? How much weight do you put into how a law can be interpreted versus its original intent?
    Last edited by Breed; 02-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United States
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You were asking rhetoric filled "questions" with the only answer fulfilling your agenda. Its no different then someone confronting you and asking "when did you stop raping women?" and if you got upset the questioner pulls back and says "hey man, i was just asking a question". It requires absolutely no proof whatsoever.

Its a logical fallacy and one that is easily defeated by anyone with even a small amount of common sense. Oh, and "context" was addressed in the link i quoted:
    What would have to happen in order for you to believe that this country is in serious trouble?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I were a mod posting something from infowars would merit an infraction, if not a ban.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many of the articles that I posted did you read? How many youtube clips did you watch?
    Do you believe that laws like the Patriot Act, NDAA, The National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order, and H.R. 347 are dangerous? Do you believe that those laws could eventually lead to tyranny. More loaded questions, I know, but there is only one logical answer.

Assertions aside, from the links I have posted, what do you believe to be inaccurate?

Is this a valid statement?:

Do you believe the intent behind any given law is more important than the way in which it can be interpreted? How much weight do you put into how a law can be interpreted versus its original intent?
    Do you know what i believe? I believe its possible to raise objections about the policies of a democratically elected official without evoking Hitler, Nazi Germany, Stalin, and the Gestapo. Id think that statement would be a no brainer, but apparently its not.

And yes, my statement was valid. Again, your attempting a logical fallacy:

An association fallacy is an inductive informal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association. The two types are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association. Association fallacies are a special case of red herring, and can be based on an appeal to emotion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

What would have to happen in order for you to believe that this country is in serious trouble?
    When Jews start getting rounded up and murdered, i'll be more willing to buy the Hitler comparison.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've posted this before (it's from a review of a Glenn Beck movie), but it bears repeating:

Being an American is boring. No matter how stupid or poor you are, you almost always have enough food and water. You crave excitement and stimulation! And fear is the bored manís orgasm. Itís actually kind of sad: many of Glenn Beckís supporters peaked one morning about eleven years ago when they watched some buildings from their postcards burn down on TV, and theyíve been chasing that high ever since. The Muslims, the Mexicans, the Religious War, the Race War, they will always be right around the corner! Arm yourself now! Educate yourself with the truth, and the truth will set youÖback around 50 grand, 60 if you want the bunker that comes with a dojo.
    http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/12853...eck-crazyfilm/
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would never happen here.....

Famous Last Words

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rise of Nazi Germany/Modern-Day America

Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    It would never happen here.....

Famous Last Words
    Honest question, when you heard people banter about conspiracies that Bush and Cheney rigged 9/11 to set a plan in motion to institute a tyrannical regime in the US, how did you react? Was your reaction the same as it was to this post? If not, why not?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So Obama's policies are going to lead to the next Hitler, here in the U.S.? Good times...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Honest question, when you heard people banter about conspiracies that Bush and Cheney rigged 9/11 to set a plan in motion to institute a tyrannical regime in the US, how did you react? Was your reaction the same as it was to this post? If not, why not?
    I watched and listened to the conspiracy theories....i was not persuaded. I kept an open mind though......can many posters say the same thing?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    So Obama's policies are going to lead to the next Hitler, here in the U.S.? Good times...
    LOL....i dont think he's blaming Obamas policies solely.

But how do you reconcile the fact that Obama has repealed the prohibition against assasination of foreign leaders all by himself. Nobody talks about that, but isnt that what hes done....and claimed the power to order the assasination of US citizens, based soleley on his judgement that they should die?
    Quote Quote