Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rise of Nazi Germany/Modern-Day America

1. -41
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I believe a paper clip can be used towards evil. Doesn't mean I'm going to waste my time listening to a bunch of woo woo crap about the dangers of paper clips.
    Walrus is a minimist....everyone knows that

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Listen, I don't agree with many of Obama's policies, but he is in no way a tyrant. I do think that some of the recent adjustments made to our governing process could lead to a tyranny down the road if these issues are not resolved, but it won't be Obama. Let's not forget that W. got this ball rolling after 9/11.

But really, both he and W. serve the same master. This is a corporatocracy. In such a system, there is no need for tyranny. The people who truly run this system would have no interest in creating a tyrannical police state.
    No he isn't a tyrant he acts like a father talking down to his kids, "listen it's my way or the highway so deal with it". All I have to say is you better watch out because kids grow up and at some point they will knock your ol' ass out.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    No he isn't a tyrant he acts like a father talking down to his kids, "listen it's my way or the highway so deal with it". All I have to say is you better watch out because kids grow up and at some point they will knock your ol' ass out.
    I've never gotten that impression from him. I've always found him well spoken, but never patronizing...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    It never gets to the point where the kids have to knock Obama out though because he lectures and postures... and then he gives in. And that's the part that bothers me, the pre-compromising and the giving in.

I disagree with Locke in that I definitely do think Obama is patronizing at times. But hey... some of the people he's talking to deserve to be spoken to that way. I don't see why it's okay for the American people to condescend to Congress to the tune of a 9% approval rating and bad for the president to treat them the same way.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It never gets to the point where the kids have to knock Obama out though because he lectures and postures... and then he gives in. And that's the part that bothers me, the pre-compromising and the giving in.

I disagree with Locke in that I definitely do think Obama is patronizing at times. But hey... some of the people he's talking to deserve to be spoken to that way. I don't see why it's okay for the American people to condescend to Congress to the tune of a 9% approval rating and bad for the president to treat them the same way.
    And I guess it is the Presidents right to be patronizing at times as long as he respects my right to politely tell him to "go **** himself".
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

I may need to listen to him speak more often. But I could also be desensitized to it since I go to school with a bunch of crusty old men who patronize anyone who isn't over the age of 40. Makes me want to replace their 50 daily pills with laxatives...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I may need to listen to him speak more often. But I could also be desensitized to it since I go to school with a bunch of crusty old men who patronize anyone who isn't over the age of 40. Makes me want to replace their 50 daily pills with laxatives...
    It's more likely you just agree with what he's saying so you don't think he's being patronizing toward you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's more likely you just agree with what he's saying so you don't think he's being patronizing toward you.
    Also true. Although I still didn't get that feeling during the healthcare debate, and I definitely didn't agree with most of what was going on then. Well I did early on, but once it turned into that ridiculous mess of a bill that we ended up with, I didn't at all...
    Quote Quote