Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

1. -1
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

Looks more and more like the RB FA market will be flooded this off season with some decent names. Should help in leverage with getting Reggie a team friendly contract.

Bradshaw released by the Giants. Rumors Turner will also be released by the Falcons.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i was thinking the same
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    It could help unless these guys get insane contract offers. Given, it's deep in Fa, but most teams would love to get these types to establish the running game. The first signing will determine how the rest of the market goes. Trust me, I think this is going to be a slow process. Once more and more dominoes start to fall, these guys are going to start bidding wars. As far as supply goes, yes, its deep and the rational is that they will be cheaper, but I'm not sold on that totally. If Reggie is one of the last guys on the market, you're going to see the price driven up by the other teams that missed out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    It could help unless these guys get insane contract offers. Given, it's deep in Fa, but most teams would love to get these types to establish the running game. The first signing will determine how the rest of the market goes. Trust me, I think this is going to be a slow process. Once more and more dominoes start to fall, these guys are going to start bidding wars. As far as supply goes, yes, its deep and the rational is that they will be cheaper, but I'm not sold on that totally. If Reggie is one of the last guys on the market, you're going to see the price driven up by the other teams that missed out.

I agree to an extent, but keep in mind that Reggie, Bradshaw and Turner are nearing the RB "death" age. Also, more and more teams are realizing that in todays NFL you dont need a super star or even elite RB to reach the Super Bowl.

Throw in that we now have a massive showing of late round to UDFA RB's shining in the NFL it all adds up to high price RB's not being worth it.

I'm sure Reggie, Bradshaw and other known name RB's will get work, just not at the price we are used to seeing.

In addition I'm shocked, I mean SHOCKED, the Titans will keep CJ2K at his $10 mill price.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" as to what the FA market will become. It will happen, and Ireland has us in great position to really do something.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post

I agree to an extent, but keep in mind that Reggie, Bradshaw and Turner are nearing the RB "death" age. Also, more and more teams are realizing that in todays NFL you dont need a super star or even elite RB to reach the Super Bowl.

Throw in that we now have a massive showing of late round to UDFA RB's shining in the NFL it all adds up to high price RB's not being worth it.

I'm sure Reggie, Bradshaw and other known name RB's will get work, just not at the price we are used to seeing.

In addition I'm shocked, I mean SHOCKED, the Titans will keep CJ2K at his $10 mill price.
    Yeah, Rice and Gore were both afterthoughts to the SB teams getting there. C'mon Man.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Yeah, Rice and Gore were both afterthoughts to the SB teams getting there. C'mon Man.
    Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post

I would agree. You do not want a massive amount of money tied up in the running backs.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    more like let reggie bush walk and sign a vet that runs downhill...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I am starting to accept the truth that Reggie Bush has likely played his last down for the Dolphins. Ireland pulled off one of the better trades in franchise history by swapping 6th round picks in 2012 for him. He put together two very good seasons but the writing is on the wall that things are going to transitioned to Lamar Miller. Unless you can get Bush back for a reasonable contract you kind of have to let him walk. Running backs in their late 20s start to decline and you don't want to tie a lot of money to an aging running back. Declines for running backs happen fast, take Ronnie Brown for example. Do you pay a 28 year old Bush $5 million a year or roll with a 22 year old similar type back for $480,000?

Quote Quote