Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

1. -11
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Bush was never going to be massively expensive, running backs never get paid anymore. I want Bush to stay, but im ok with DT, Miller and Thigpen if he wont take a team friendly deal.

Im a really big fan of Thigpen, he has a future outside the return game.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    In addition I'm shocked, I mean SHOCKED, the Titans will keep CJ2K at his $10 mill price.
    Well, the Titans don't have too much more as far as franchise players are concerned. He's beyond overpaid, but he's one of the few worth watching. For the fans sake, I guess you keep me around. Excitement, jersey sales, etc.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I am starting to accept the truth that Reggie Bush has likely played his last down for the Dolphins. Ireland pulled off one of the better trades in franchise history by swapping 6th round picks in 2012 for him. He put together two very good seasons but the writing is on the wall that things are going to transitioned to Lamar Miller. Unless you can get Bush back for a reasonable contract you kind of have to let him walk. Running backs in their late 20s start to decline and you don't want to tie a lot of money to an aging running back. Declines for running backs happen fast, take Ronnie Brown for example. Do you pay a 28 year old Bush $5 million a year or roll with a 22 year old similar type back for $480,000?
    Yep! It would be nice to have Bush come back at the right price but I seriously doubt it will happen. Miller showed enough last season to be more comfortable in not giving Bush what he will be offered from other teams. With all the other needs we have the best move is to roll with Miller and put that 4.5 million towards another need like WR / TE or tackle when long walks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I am starting to accept the truth that Reggie Bush has likely played his last down for the Dolphins. Ireland pulled off one of the better trades in franchise history by swapping 6th round picks in 2012 for him. He put together two very good seasons but the writing is on the wall that things are going to transitioned to Lamar Miller. Unless you can get Bush back for a reasonable contract you kind of have to let him walk. Running backs in their late 20s start to decline and you don't want to tie a lot of money to an aging running back. Declines for running backs happen fast, take Ronnie Brown for example. Do you pay a 28 year old Bush $5 million a year or roll with a 22 year old similar type back for $480,000?
    One of the best trades in franchise history? Jesus Christ.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....
    Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Define elite?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMAICA View Post
    Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.
    Don't know mon, elite has different meaning to different Phinatics. IMO, no reason to call anyone an idiot. Who do you consider elite? A very fair question.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks

None of those guys are better than Ray Rice. Maybe on the level of Gore at this point of his career.

I'd wager Ray Rice is elite as well.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

You do realize there is more to a running back than yards rushing
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Don't know mon, elite has different meaning to different Phinatics. IMO, no reason to call anyone an idiot. Who do you consider elite? A very fair question.
    I think 'elite' is probably thrown around too much these days. Very few should be worthy of that status. Ladainian Tomlinson was, I believe Ricky was.

Adrian Peterson IS. Could up end up the best of all time if people are ready to move on from Walter/Barry one day.

But who else right now could make the claim of elite? Surely not two rookies or Stevan Ridley lol. Doug Martin has a lot of potential though

Names I'd throw out there I guess... Arian Foster, MJD, Rice, Jamaal Charles, SJax, Marshawn Lynch. But I don't know if any of them belong in the elite tier with Peterson. Surely all upper-echelon though
    Quote Quote