Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    One of the best trades in franchise history? Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to name a better one.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I understand there is more to a RB than yards. Hence why neither Gore or Rice finished top 10 in TD's either. Who would I consider elite? I would honestly say AP is the only RB in the game right now I consider elite.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    One of the best trades in franchise history? Jesus Christ.
    One of the "better" trades, and there is no denying that the Dolphins got a great deal with the Bush trade. All they had to do was swap 6th round picks and they got a two year production of 2,660 total yards and 15 total touchdowns. I would say that was absolutely a home run of a trade and one of the "better" trades in franchise history. So get out of here with your condescending "Jesus Christ" response.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMAICA View Post
    Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.
    If i had to go into ONE GAME i had to win with only ONE RUNNING BACK, im riding with Frank Gore. Nobody stops the guy, he always gets his yardage. Instinctive, tough, doesn't fumble. The most natural running back i've ever seen. You can have the Chris Johnsons and Adrian Petersons all you want...give me Frank Gore.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.
    So how else to measure? By TD's? Morris, Martin, Ridley all finished with mode TD's than Rice or Gore... Neither even finished top 10 in TD's. No one is saying Gore and Rice are not good they are just amongst the cluster of "good" RBs in the league.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    I think 'elite' is probably thrown around too much these days. Very few should be worthy of that status. Ladainian Tomlinson was, I believe Ricky was.

Adrian Peterson IS. Could up end up the best of all time if people are ready to move on from Walter/Barry one day.

But who else right now could make the claim of elite? Surely not two rookies or Stevan Ridley lol. Doug Martin has a lot of potential though

Names I'd throw out there I guess... Arian Foster, MJD, Rice, Jamaal Charles, SJax, Marshawn Lynch. But I don't know if any of them belong in the elite tier with Peterson. Surely all upper-echelon though
    Funny, I enjoy listening to Mike & Mike at 6-7 in the morning. They had the same debate on QB's, and what is elite. FWIW, they came up with a QB who you can count on to win a big game when he needs to. I liked that description.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It goes with the territory these days. That's the happy 40% adjustment crowd.

I really wish certain plays were bettable. Put a so-called downhill running back in the same exact spot as Reggie. Same blocking. Same everything. Then let's wager on what the difference would be, between what Reggie ended up with and what the downhill guy ends up with. Do you realize how clueless the 40% adjustment crowd would be? The biggest problem would be not to laugh. Their numbers would be so far off base they might as well be out in the cornfield. They are offended by the stutter steps so that justifies in their mind that they should hand out 3-5 extra yards every time, minus the stutter. And they'll continue along the happy 40% adjustment lines every time unless you call them on it. Heck, even if you do call them on it. It's typical simplistic analysis.

It reminds me of true crime sites I used to post on. I finally had to give it up when the grasp of basic probability was so inept it cluttered every board and threw the focus off base. The D. B. Cooper case was a prime example. One poster after another was insisting he died during the jump. I asked what they thought the success rate would be, of a parachute landing under those conditions? The responses were priceless. I was receiving numbers like 25% or 30%. And they were serious. It told me I needed to get out of there. It was a lost cause.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wesley Chapel
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey diddle diddle Ray Rice up the middle is all I got to say
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Feel free to name a better one.
    Ricky Williams. I know he flamed out but he was one of the best players in the entire league in 2002 when we traded for him. He carried the entire offense. Reggie Bush is a guy that was benched at times last season and washed out of the team after 2 seasons. It was an ok trade because you gave up a sixth round pick for a guy that the Saints were going to cut and he played very well for stretches here and there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Ricky Williams. I know he flamed out but he was one of the best players in the entire league in 2002 when we traded for him. He carried the entire offense. Reggie Bush is a guy that was benched at times last season and washed out of the team after 2 seasons. It was an ok trade because you gave up a sixth round pick for a guy that the Saints were going to cut and he played very well for stretches here and there.
    Ricky Wlliams was the better player(pre-2004 retirement) but in terms of compensation given up for and production I think it is arguable which was a better trade. Bush didn't get traded for a 6th round pick, it was a SWAP of 6th round picks so the value of the trade is very high based on production. Ricky had one historic season, two very good seasons and four seasons as a role player/backup. He was also out of the league for almost three full seasons during his time in Miami. Ricky produced more than Reggie ever did but he also came to Miami for four draft picks including two 1st round picks.

The Bush trade was one of the "better" trades because of the relation of compensation given up for return production. I don't think you find anyone who thinks Bush was a better player than Williams, but in terms of compensation given up it is debatable.
    Quote Quote