Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Ricky Williams. I know he flamed out but he was one of the best players in the entire league in 2002 when we traded for him. He carried the entire offense. Reggie Bush is a guy that was benched at times last season and washed out of the team after 2 seasons. It was an ok trade because you gave up a sixth round pick for a guy that the Saints were going to cut and he played very well for stretches here and there.
    No way. The Williams trade belongs on the worst ever Dolphins trades list. Compared to what we had to give up for Williams, we got Bush for a bag of footballs and a Coke. Only thing both trades have in common is that neither one got the team any closer to the playoffs, much less a championship.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ray Rice is elite. Total yards from scrimmage during his 4 years as a starter:

2009: 2,041
    2010: 1,776
    2011: 2,068
    2012: 1,621

The guy plays every down, is a key target on 3rd down, they made the playoffs every year (not just because of him, obviously, but it's worth noting), and he has never missed a game. Versatility and reliability are huge in the NFL nowadays (as are 2,000 yard seasons).
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ricky Wlliams was the better player(pre-2004 retirement) but in terms of compensation given up for and production I think it is arguable which was a better trade. Bush didn't get traded for a 6th round pick, it was a SWAP of 6th round picks so the value of the trade is very high based on production. Ricky had one historic season, two very good seasons and four seasons as a role player/backup. He was also out of the league for almost three full seasons during his time in Miami. Ricky produced more than Reggie ever did but he also came to Miami for four draft picks including two 1st round picks.

The Bush trade was one of the "better" trades because of the relation of compensation given up for return production. I don't think you find anyone who thinks Bush was a better player than Williams, but in terms of compensation given up it is debatable.
    I'd say more than debatable. We gave up a lot for a player that we made the focal point of our franchise and he left us stranded. I don't think we were on the verge of Super Bowls but in his prime..he abandoned us. Those first picks ostensibly could still be suiting up for us..
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ray Rice IS elite. He's basically what we've been looking for in Ronnie/Ricky, Reggie/Daniel, yet the Ravens found it all in one back. And they complimented him with a back that can also run the ball (Pierce). Until we find that back that can run/catch/block, we need to keep Miller, Thomas AND Reggie, because none can do all three things and be great at those things.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ray rice is definitely elite...and i'm pretty sure that if reggie bush was viewed as the perfect match for this offense and this scheme miami wouldn't be balking at paying him $5 mil per year on a contract extension...which seems to be the # thrown around about him...that's not deal breaker money by any means...i get that he makes something out of nothing a lot...i get it...i also get that he takes 2 yard losses or tries to bounce things wide plenty instead of pressing the hole and gaining what he can...and yeah he will throw in a 20 or even 40 plus yarder in there about once a game but from a consistency stand point it's just not there...i'd rather go with someone more consistent and one cut north and south in this o and blocking scheme...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Feel free to name a better one.
    The one with the Colts for Don Shula.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm over here now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....
    Rice is elite - top 3 RB in the legue
    Seriously, did you have to quote that long as post?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As for Alfred Morris, no Mike Shanahan RB (with the possible exception of Terrel Davis) should ever be considered elite. I could run for 1000 yards in his scheme.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscarter View Post
    Ray Rice IS elite. He's basically what we've been looking for in Ronnie/Ricky, Reggie/Daniel, yet the Ravens found it all in one back. And they complimented him with a back that can also run the ball (Pierce). Until we find that back that can run/catch/block, we need to keep Miller, Thomas AND Reggie, because none can do all three things and be great at those things.
    Thomas needs to be replaced period.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ormond Beach..OBC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....
    Both rbs are elite.
    Quote Quote