Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Film study of Miami Offense

  1. -1
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Film study of Miami Offense

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    mega-fin-love's Avatar
    Just trust me

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    2,034
    vCash:
    4357
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    right on
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    finfanaz's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    835
    vCash:
    647
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good watch. I agree with Cosell, I prefer Bowe to the rest of the FA WRs as well. Can't wait for FA to start...
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

    Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,089
    vCash:
    6071
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Ed, really great to hear what Cosell, always happy to hear what he has to say... him and Jaws are the best at giving you accurate information on individual players, and with all the film Cosell probably goes through each year, he could be as close to the truth as you will get from any of the so called experts,

    I have no problem with any of the big three, but agree that Wallace is a one trick pony, maybe a one trick pony that will be effective with other routes here and there, but when it's all set and done, he is a speed guy that will try to get the homerun as much each game as possible. Bowe is scary, a very big and dominant player, but I don't know if his issues in KC is going to warm himself to coach Phibin, so I think Miami will end up taking Jennings if physically he proves to be healthy.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea this is the icing on the cake to why I am 100% against pursuing Wallace. Makes no sense to pay Wallace $10mil when you can find his exact limited to stretch the field production in the 2nd or 3rd round with a Wheaton, Austin, or Goodwin. He said he sees Jennings and Bowe as similar with 9nlu giving Bowe the height advantage but I give Jennings the advantage because of familiarity with our system and probably the better mentor along with Bess to mentor our draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,252
    vCash:
    5263
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Thanks Ed, really great to hear what Cosell, always happy to hear what he has to say... him and Jaws are the best at giving you accurate information on individual players, and with all the film Cosell probably goes through each year, he could be as close to the truth as you will get from any of the so called experts,

    I have no problem with any of the big three, but agree that Wallace is a one trick pony, maybe a one trick pony that will be effective with other routes here and there, but when it's all set and done, he is a speed guy that will try to get the homerun as much each game as possible. Bowe is scary, a very big and dominant player, but I don't know if his issues in KC is going to warm himself to coach Phibin, so I think Miami will end up taking Jennings if physically he proves to be healthy.
    What issues did Bowe have in KC are you referring to?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,089
    vCash:
    6071
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    What issues did Bowe have in KC are you referring to?
    I meant as well as his dropped passes problem, according to some stories a while back I read, he has been a head case for a while now in KC, not just the last couple of years, not getting along with teammates, some nightlife incidents, I believe also possible pot smoking....not too sure what his deal has been, or how accurate, and if it was me, even though I think getting Jennings is the best move for the Dolphins to grow as a receiving group, and not individual receivers, I would love to have Bowe, but if it's true all the things that have been written, there is no way Phibin would want a receiver that could be another Marshall in every way.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,252
    vCash:
    5263
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I meant as well as his dropped passes problem, according to some stories a while back I read, he has been a head case for a while now in KC, not just the last couple of years, not getting along with teammates, some nightlife incidents, I believe also possible pot smoking....not too sure what his deal has been, or how accurate, and if it was me, even though I think getting Jennings is the best move for the Dolphins to grow as a receiving group, and not individual receivers, I would love to have Bowe, but if it's true all the things that have been written, there is no way Phibin would want a receiver that could be another Marshall in every way.
    The last time Bowe was reported to be "head case" was in 2009 when Todd Haley threatened to bench him for his lack of work ethic and coming to camp overweight. Since that time Bowe has been the consumate teammate. Here is what Matt Cassel had to say about Bowe.
    ďPeople think Dwayne Bowe is one of those diva wide receivers, a loud-mouthed guy and all that,Ē quarterback Matt Cassel said. ďBut thatís not what he is at all. If you go around this locker room and talk to everyone, not one guy would say they have a problem with Dwayne Bowe and the manner he goes about his business.

    ďThatís the thing about Dwayne. A lot of people only see him on game day. He likes to have fun. He might do a touchdown celebration where he points to the back of his jersey and do all that. But thatís just for show. Heís not one of those guys who comes back to the huddle screaming for the ball or cussing people out. Heís respectful to players. Heís respectful to coaches. Heís not one of those guys that talks back. He just gets his work done. And then on Sunday, you know what? Itís OK to have some fun.Ē
    Yes Bowe has had problems with dropped passes but then again...a lot of the top receivers have problems dropping passes from time to time. I think some fans make a bigger deal out of dropped passes than they should. Mike Wallace dropped four passes in one game. Jimmy Graham led the league in dropped passes with 13. Bowe dropped 5 passes last season.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,089
    vCash:
    6071
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    The last time Bowe was reported to be "head case" was in 2009 when Todd Haley threatened to bench him for his lack of work ethic and coming to camp overweight. Since that time Bowe has been the consumate teammate. Here is what Matt Cassel had to say about Bowe.


    Yes Bowe has had problems with dropped passes but then again...a lot of the top receivers have problems dropping passes from time to time. I think some fans make a bigger deal out of dropped passes than they should. Mike Wallace dropped four passes in one game. Jimmy Graham led the league in dropped passes with 13. Bowe dropped 5 passes last season.
    I personally have no problem with Bowe, my deal is will Philbin have a problem with him? who knows, If what you write is true, Philbin meets him, and like him, maybe he comes down.....of the three, the only one that I would be only ok with, but not extremely excited about is Wallace, talented as he may be, he really does not fit the WCO as well as the other two could. I want Miami to find the right fit receiver, not the so called most talanted.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,252
    vCash:
    5263
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I personally have no problem with Bowe, my deal is will Philbin have a problem with him? who knows, If what you write is true, Philbin meets him, and like him, maybe he comes down.....of the three, the only one that I would be only ok with, but not extremely excited about is Wallace, talented as he may be, he really does not fit the WCO as well as the other two could. I want Miami to find the right fit receiver, not the so called most talanted.
    I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. If Desean Jackson can fit the Andy Reid version of the WCO, why can't Wallace fit the Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO? Wallace spent last year in Todd Haley's short timing based offense and was still able to produce. In the long run, playing in that offfense should help him adapt to any type of offense, including Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Film Study and resources
    By FearTheBeard in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
  2. Film study - week 1 @HOU
    By dolphone in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Patriot film study.....
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM
  4. After Extensive Film Study Of The Game......
    By outlawd2u in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •