Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Steven Jackson Anyone?

  1. -11
    fakespike's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,184
    vCash:
    8352
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    True on Bradshaw. But I would still take the 26yr old.

    A 30yr old RB, with almost 2400 carries, says the wall isn't to far off in the near future. By NFL standards.
    i agree but we dont have to fill every single hole with a long term solution. i just think its a good skill set complement to Miller, and could help in Tannehill's development by extending a few drives over the course of the year by converting on 3rd and shorts. i would certainly not break the bank on him or give him anymore than a 2 yr deal, maybe optioned 3rd yr, dont get me wrong. the redzone channel or highlights ive seen of him from 2012 make it clear: he would vastly improve our running game in the short term.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Atila - the freshmaker.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,168
    vCash:
    4965
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is one of those threads that opens my eyes to the evaluation skills of people on this message board... Steven Jackson was great once, but he's done... DONE... did anyone who is commenting on him actually watch him this season?

    He may be good for 5-8 carries/game maximum, that's it. He'll get a 2 year deal worth $5mil max.


    www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    374
    vCash:
    1663
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Steven Jackson Anyone?

    He's run for over 1000 yards every year since 2005 including last year. He's winding down and won't be an every down back but he's not done.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    fakespike's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,184
    vCash:
    8352
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    This is one of those threads that opens my eyes to the evaluation skills of people on this message board... Steven Jackson was great once, but he's done... DONE... did anyone who is commenting on him actually watch him this season?

    He may be good for 5-8 carries/game maximum, that's it. He'll get a 2 year deal worth $5mil max.
    this guy?


    only worth 5 carries a game?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    johngarry's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    3,070
    vCash:
    6566
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Steven Jackson Anyone?

    hell yes! Jax & Miller could "thunder & lightning" our WCO next season… I say buy a year, may get a bonus year if he don't blow out.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Atila - the freshmaker.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,168
    vCash:
    4965
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I loved watching him play over his career, but he looks NOTICEABLY slower. That video only hammers my point home... some decent runs, but I'd say only 1, the cut back, was the only impressive one.

    If he's getting more than 8 carries/game then that means we are in serious need of explosion and speed at the RB position and Lamar Miller will have been a bust.

    I'd be all for getting him, but as a secondary, 6-10 touches a game, and at a very cheap contract. He's probably only going to sign with a contender, anyways.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    fakespike's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,184
    vCash:
    8352
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    I loved watching him play over his career, but he looks NOTICEABLY slower. That video only hammers my point home... some decent runs, but I'd say only 1, the cut back, was the only impressive one.

    If he's getting more than 8 carries/game then that means we are in serious need of explosion and speed at the RB position and Lamar Miller will have been a bust.

    I'd be all for getting him, but as a secondary, 6-10 touches a game, and at a very cheap contract. He's probably only going to sign with a contender, anyways.
    im by no means a steven jackson evangelist here or anything, yea he would be a good 8-10 carry/game alternate to Milller if he came cheap. and to say hes noticeably slower? than what? 2008 Steven Jackson? Of course. Slower than Daniel Thomas? That im not sure about. and the whole point of bringing SJ in would be to help our short yardage problem from last year, we wouldnt need him to be the home run guy.

    I agree with the most important part: hes not coming here anyway
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,976
    vCash:
    2273
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fakespike View Post
    i agree but we dont have to fill every single hole with a long term solution. i just think its a good skill set complement to Miller, and could help in Tannehill's development by extending a few drives over the course of the year by converting on 3rd and shorts. i would certainly not break the bank on him or give him anymore than a 2 yr deal, maybe optioned 3rd yr, dont get me wrong. the redzone channel or highlights ive seen of him from 2012 make it clear: he would vastly improve our running game in the short term.
    I just don't believe in signing 30 yr old RB's. Especially downhill bruising type backs. The wear and tear he has sustained to date, isn't something I would invest in.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    JC's Avatar
    take your time, don't live too fast

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    4,947
    vCash:
    3306
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the staff is fully ready to go forward with Miller as the primary back. I expect Marcus Thigpen to be in the mix, as well as Jonas Gray for a potential increase in carries. Either that or a FA running will be brought in cheap or a running back drafted late in the draft.




    Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

    According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins "would be fine" leaning on 2012 fourth-round pick Lamar Miller as their lead runner in 2013.

    The Dolphins haven't ruled out re-signing Reggie Bush, but they'd only entertain it if his asking price dropped dramatically. The Herald's Barry Jackson suspects the Fins might make a "cheap addition" to battle Daniel Thomas for the backup role. Jonas Gray, a power back out of Notre Dame who spent 2012 on PUP, is another interesting prospect, potentially capable of upgrading on Thomas as a short-yardage specialist. Miller's fantasy stock is looking up for 2013.


    Source: Miami Herald
    Jan 29 - 3:32 PM














    Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

    The Dolphins think Lamar Miller can be better than Reggie Bush, whom they are not expected to re-sign this offseason.

    Miller is bigger -- 5-foot-11 and 212 pounds -- and faster than Bush is, while he's also considerably cheaper. Miller seems to fit Joe Philbin's offense better, too, as a running back who hits the right hole at the right time. Bush was more of an innovator and creator out of the backfield. Miller averaged five yards-per-carry on 51 totes as a rookie.


    Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter
    Jan 28 - 6:40 PM


    The truth is, running backs are a dime in a dozen and Lamar Miller showed FAR enough ability this season to make him the clear-cut starting back heading into training camp 2013.

    There is money to be spent upgrading our tight ends, receivers, offensive line, pass rushing, cornerback and safety.

    Highly unlikely, in my opinion, that Miami spends more than $1 million - $2 million on a free agent running back.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    374
    vCash:
    1663
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is it that big of an investment to go 2 years on a rb that has gone over 1000 yards 8 years in a row?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. steven jackson
    By frostyphin84 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 07:12 PM
  2. steven jackson
    By King Felix in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 02:50 AM
  3. Steven Jackson
    By FuturePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
  4. Steven Jackson!!!!
    By finregime in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •