Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: top 10 buyer beware free agents

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For those of us without insider, can somebody list the names with a short summary of why they're on the list, i think it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    LaRon Landry would be a nice addition. I like the guy a lot, but the issue with him is whether he can stay healthy or not. When he isn't hurt, he is worth every penny, but it might not be worth it to put a bunch of money into a guy who may or may not play. Let's not forget, he signed a 1 year deal to re-establish himself. He was going to make sure he played through everything.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    can't open it for some reason...can anyone name the 10 guys on the list...
    I don't know all 10, but 3 Phins made it; Long, Bush and Smith. I really think Ireland made the right choice not resigning them during the season to the contracts they were looking for. Hopefully when they test the market we can bring back Smith, Hartline, and Starks. I'd be for resigning Fasano and Clemons too.

I would love it if we signed Jennings and Finley if he was released.

My perfect offseason for the offense would look like this.

Resign Hartline and Fasano.
    Sign Jennings and Finley (Green Bay South)
    Draft Patterson in the 1st and Bailey, Rogers or Wheaton in the 2nd.
    Draft Kyle Long or Dallas Thomas in the 2nd

I really not worried about replacing any of the o-linemen because I think that if we get more weapons on the outside our OL will look alot better as teams won't be able to stack the box. Could they be upgraded, possily, but there are bigger holes to fill.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    LaRon Landry would be a nice addition. I like the guy a lot, but the issue with him is whether he can stay healthy or not. When he isn't hurt, he is worth every penny, but it might not be worth it to put a bunch of money into a guy who may or may not play. Let's not forget, he signed a 1 year deal to re-establish himself. He was going to make sure he played through everything.
    I wouldn't take that POS on my flag football team after what he did to reggie. Celebrating an injury is classless and something I want no where near my team. He belongs on the jets, and should be thrown out with the rest of the trash over there.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    scuttlebutt is that fasano is not coming back...all i know is they better sign someone who can block in line...or really change up the offense and what is expected out of te's in it if that's the case...

with reshad jones here younger and playing better ball than laron landry anyways who is long in the tooth and a liability in coverage i don't see the need or fit there at all...

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

oh and yeah i totally agree with the article if it says long bush and sean smith are buyer beware guys...totally...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    scuttlebutt is that fasano is not coming back...all i know is they better sign someone who can block in line...or really change up the offense and what is expected out of te's in it if that's the case...

with reshad jones here younger and playing better ball than laron landry anyways who is long in the tooth and a liability in coverage i don't see the need or fit there at all...

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

oh and yeah i totally agree with the article if it says long bush and sean smith are buyer beware guys...totally...
    Do you think they could use Yeatman as an inline blocker? I know they moved him to T but he would be an amazing blocker in short yardage/running situations at TE. If they did change up the offense who would you rather the Fins sign, Finley or Cook and what changes would most likely need to be made? Would they use more chip blocks or could they just go with Finley (if he is signed) split out to take a LB or S out of the box with more 3 WR sets?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for those asking

cary williams
    laron landry
    osi
    Connor barwin
    Sean smith
    Rey maualuga
    Dustin Keller
    Jake Long
    Reggie Bush
    Donnie Avery
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Do you think they could use Yeatman as an inline blocker? I know they moved him to T but he would be an amazing blocker in short yardage/running situations at TE. If they did change up the offense who would you rather the Fins sign, Finley or Cook and what changes would most likely need to be made? Would they use more chip blocks or could they just go with Finley (if he is signed) split out to take a LB or S out of the box with more 3 WR sets.
    yeatman probably either competes as a starting tackle or is used as a 3rd tackle in certain jumbo sets is my guess...i think the move to tackle told you they didn't like him at te...but yeah you could bring him on the field in certain packages and line him up on an overload set and do things that way...

assuming he shows enough in camp to make your 53 again...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as for the differences in what you would do with a finley or a cook instead of a fasano you damn well better not depend on either of those guys in pass pro to keep your qb clean in line on the edge and you better not count on them moving guys off the ball in the run game...more likely you flex them out and then use motion to bring them down into the box and provide kick out blocks on defenders and to get in the way...

big difference in what miami was able to do with fasano in line as a blocker and what you can do with finley or cook or dustin keller...now martellus bennett that's probably a little different...at the same time though those other guys threaten a defense an squeeze the safeties in the passing game in a way that fasano just can't provide...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    i think jones has sewn up the position
    Quote Quote