Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    When pigs fly. If a 25 yr old malcontent hits FA, he will look to get paid. Period.
    Yeah, you're right.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Another S. Holmes?

If this is any where close to a possibility, no thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

But Fasano is solid! He can block!
    Fasano is the worst player of our offense and that's saying something considering the holes we got on our offensive line.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I've always been a fan of Finley's talent. But it does worry me if he has attitude problems in a clearly excellent environment (great QB, team success, surrounded by great WR talent, offense that spreads it around and scores tons of points, very positive media city, etc. etc. etc.), how would he do in the tempting environment of Miami with an army of hangers-on, a bashing media who isn't very knowledgable about football, and a rebuilding team that does not score lots of points? It might be fine ... but it does concern me.
    i do think the "Miami is a pit of temptation" angle is a bit exaggerated (when you're young, rich, famous and fun-lovin, EVERYWHERE is a pit of temptation, even Cleveland). But I share your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    The thing that really struck me about that highlight video though was how they used him. Finley has deep speed and explosiveness yet they used him in exactly the same way Notre Dame used Eifert minus the jump balls. Just about all of those routes and minor separation throws that Finley provided in that highlight film could be done as well or better by Tyler Eifert, who I believe is far less explosive and has far less deep speed. What Eifert does have is length and natural hands, which were the basis of most of those throws that Finley caught on that highlight video. I didn't see the type of deep throws that the Chargers throw to Gates or the 49'ers throw to Vernon Davis.
    I noticed the same. Not the contrast with Eifert part (valid point), but the conservative way he seems to be targeted. Is that down to Finley or GB? Philbin will at least have the answer to that one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I have yet to meet, or hear from a Packer fan who is in favor of Finley staying. He is unpopular there for a reason.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rely on Coach PHILBIN's judgment on virtually all of this. That being said...

(1) I'd make WALLACE a BIGTIME priority. Unless MIAMI gets an NFL-ready deep threat WR, it's going to face at least a tightened up "D", and probably "8-In-The-Box" very, VERY, often: simply because MIAMI would be unable to PUNISH opponents who did so!! And it'll be bye-bye running game (which should be a strength) and short-to-intermediate passing game...AGAIN! That is to say, "deja vu all over again"! Once our opponents figured out that we had no true deep threat other than maybe BUSH, things went down fairly quickly, in terms of the "O". Drafting a "college boy" risks (a) a bust; and (b) waiting for him to adapt to the NFL game. Well, I'm sick of waiting! MIAMI can do some real good in F/A for a change. So, why not do it?

(2) A TE with a CASE OF "THE DROPSIES" is NOT a good idea AT ALL. I don't give a hoot WHAT his upside is. This year's Draft has at least 2 topshelf TEs, and there are a number of very, very good NFL TEs available in F/A, including a very good one on a hated Division Rival (that individual would be who I'd go after). But just GET ONE who doesn't have a case of "the dropsies"!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

Sign him up please, good player with the potential to be great.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We know why the Packers are letting Jennings walk. He's a free agent, wants a good final contract to finish his career on and the Packers are stacked at WR anyway. You have to ask yourself why the Packers would CUT a player as young as Finley. Think about it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finley and Jennings....then draft Berkevious Mingo @1,Xavier Rhodes CB @2a, and Steadman Bayley @2b, then Tank Carradine and best T on the board with our 3rds, and were on our way!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    We know why the Packers are letting Jennings walk. He's a free agent, wants a good final contract to finish his career on and the Packers are stacked at WR anyway. You have to ask yourself why the Packers would CUT a player as young as Finley. Think about it.
    That's fair.

Naturally I end up thinking it's because the relationship between Aaron Rodgers and Jermichael Finley is beyond repair. But that could be a very rationalized explanation that seeks to explain the problem in such a way that the Dolphins could still find value in him.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yet another shameless patterson plug. the real reason for these threads. lol

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote