Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    We know why the Packers are letting Jennings walk. He's a free agent, wants a good final contract to finish his career on and the Packers are stacked at WR anyway. You have to ask yourself why the Packers would CUT a player as young as Finley. Think about it.
    Probably because he due to make $8 million next season, and is hardly worth $8 million a season. Good player, but $8 million? That puts him as the 2nd highest paid TE in the league behind Gronkowski's monster contract. I don't see how this is any different than the Jake Long situation - decent player making too much money....is he worth it?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In terms of connections he's also Jorvorskie Lane's half brother.

If we could have this as our offence I'd be deleriously excited about next season:

QB Tannehill
    HB Miller, Goodson, Thomas
    FB Lane
    WR Jennings, Bess, Matthews
    WR Patterson, Bailey
    TE Finley, Fasano, Clay
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Probably because he due to make $8 million next season, and is hardly worth $8 million a season. Good player, but $8 million? That puts him as the 2nd highest paid TE in the league behind Gronkowski's monster contract. I don't see how this is any different than the Jake Long situation - decent player making too much money....is he worth it?
    As ck mentions there is a rift there between him and Rodgers...is there a personality problem with Finley? You also have his agent bad mouthing Rodgers...is that something we want to bring in here if Finley isn't getting enough passes thrown his way?

For the last two years he's had issues catching the ball, he drops a lot of passes. Couple that with some personality conflicts with the QB and his agent being a big mouth and there you have the reason why he's getting cut. People want to get rid of Jake Long cause he's under performing, Finley is in the same boat. Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good but you also have to wonder if he was bad mouthing Aaron Rodgers what's going to happen when Tannehill struggles? And he will struggle, all QBs go through struggles especially this early in his career.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    As ck mentions there is a rift there between him and Rodgers...is there a personality problem with Finley? You also have his agent bad mouthing Rodgers...is that something we want to bring in here if Finley isn't getting enough passes thrown his way?

For the last two years he's had issues catching the ball, he drops a lot of passes. Couple that with some personality conflicts with the QB and his agent being a big mouth and there you have the reason why he's getting cut. People want to get rid of Jake Long cause he's under performing, Finley is in the same boat. Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good but you also have to wonder if he was bad mouthing Aaron Rodgers what's going to happen when Tannehill struggles? And he will struggle, all QBs go through struggles especially this early in his career.
    Agree with all of that, but if he were a cheap $2 mill a year, I doubt he'd be released. I personally don't want him just based on money alone, and when you add the abrasive personality, well.....even if he is an upgrade it just doesn't look like a match for us.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly I'm in love with Finley

if I had to pick between Jennings Fasano and Patterson and Hartline Finley Patterson, I'd pick the latter.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    Honestly I'm in love with Finley

if I had to pick between Jennings Fasano and Patterson and Hartline Finley Patterson, I'd pick the latter.
    We are not talking Gronkowski or Graham here man, every Packer fan I know cannot wait until the guy is booted out of Green Bay. This does not let out good vibes IMO, and better options are out there.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    We are not talking Gronkowski or Graham here man, every Packer fan I know cannot wait until the guy is booted out of Green Bay. This does not let out good vibes IMO, and better options are out there.
    I agree, but at the same time he is still so young. He will end up somewhere else, and has potential to produce well, the gamble is will his attitude issues follow him? I could somewhat see some relation between him and Brandon Marshall. Marshall obviously a more elite player, but look how he transformed himself after landing back in Chi town. Maybe Finley could find a home here...in the end I doubt he's a Phin, mainly because it's a stretch believing he won't have attitude issues here, and Philbin won't want to even entertain that possibility.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guys we are trying to change our culture to a winning team. All signs say this guy is an underachiever who doesn't work hard. I'd rather have keller, i think he is an elite te held back by a ****ty qb.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Just like Matt Flynn, Philbin will know if he is worth it, or how much he is worth. If we make a hard push, then I trust Philbin that his attitude will not be an issue.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    John Edwards

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd take Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz over this guy any day of the week. Did you guys even read that McGinn article Fin Thirteen posted? Finley looks like a train wreck looking for a place to happen.
    Tailgun

Quote Quote